Royal Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sgt50, Feb 12, 2016.

1. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Started with them on 02\08\16 for orientation.

You will stay at Americas Best Value, not bad two to a room, my roomate who was later cut, called his recruiter and told him that he was 61 years old and didnt need or want a roomate because he wasnt in the military or college, they moved him out and assigned him his own room. First day consisted of paperwork, pee test, and physicals for those that didnt have one then back to the room.

Motel has full breakfast and company does lunch pizza from dominos, chili from wendys and then pizza from dominos for the three days.

Day two. Paperwork and videos

Day three. Paperwork and videos issue fuel card and either assign a truck if experienced or trainer, out by 1 pm.

My observations and impressions.

A little disorganized.
    Sitting at home since Thursday afternoon go out with trainer on Monday morning.

Trucks are frieghtliner or international prostars 2013 and newer all auto fleet the run vans and flatbed. Insurance is high for family coverage, if you run flats and dont have hardhat vest and such they will sell to you at a nominal fee which is ########, i feel that they should provide. I have my own so i didnt pay.

Starting pay for van is .32 cpm, flats is .40 cpm plus extra for stop offs, detention, tarp, canada pays $100 extra as does NYC.

The head of safety came in retired military and been in truck industry forever said they have 5-6 drivers a week quit, and yesterday had one come in and quit, office personnel acted like the world was falling apart, they have 230 drivers and at 5 a week do the math for a year well over 100% for a small company and its like they cant figure why folks are leaving. Out of 9 in orientation, 7 cleared for employment.

Trucks governed at 68

Cant say anything negative at this point and probably wont, i will post experiences with trainer and once i go solo for information. Im not one to bash i will however put the facts out there for prospective drivers.

Ratliff, Beene07 and Fade15 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Never heard of them.

4. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Out of west point mississippi been in operation for 40 years

Beene07 Thanks this.
  5. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hang in there, man.

6. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Ill be there just passing on info

Beene07 Thanks this.
  7. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Just finished first week with trainer one togo.

Ran 3000 miles, monday went to detroit for a two stop drop of rolled wire. Picked up in new boston mi, two coils dropped in chattanooga, drove to carrolton ga picked up two rolls of galvanized steel drove to andrews texas for drop then to lubbock tx for pick up monday, cotton to memphis.

Beene07, Fade15 and Puppage Thank this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  9. Fade15

Fade15 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Well sounds like they have plenty of loads at least for the trainers. How is dispatching????

Beene07 Thanks this.
  10. Fade15

Fade15 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2016
    How much tarp pay do they give???

11. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    15 but in two weeks ive tarped one load

Beene07 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.