Running produce to Alaska

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by vikingswen, Feb 15, 2014.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i'm curious as to HOW they check your arrest record. do they pull your lifetime mvr???? cuz they won't find anything on my criminal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Vermont is gorgeous. We came from Montreal to New Hampshire through Vermont. Wish there was freight there so we could go again. Maine is beautiful but the tolls piss me off. We ran a load of live tigers, wolves and a lion from Bar Harbor Maine. Got to spend a couple of days in Bar Harbor. That was a great week in the trucking business.

Always wanted to do a load to Alaska.

Pound Puppy and CondoCruiser Thank this.
  4. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I read in a post somewhere on the forum that they are connected to Interpol, that they have access to the FBI database, that even a dui that had been expunged shows up, and that they will deny you entrance in to Canada.

DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    the military says the same thing. and they can't find anything on me.

6. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    This sounds about right. They have run my background twice and each time I sat there for about 30min. Within that time frame I believe they can find all kinds of things. I assume my trip to Central America in January triggered the scrutiny on the next border crossing. I thought it was funny since I went to Belize which is part of the British Common Wealth like Canada, but maybe it was the day trip to Guatemala or it is just my luck in general :biggrin_25512:. Custom and immigration officials like to pick on me.

7. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Hi nococraig, I would never wish bad on anybody, but I could just imagine some stinking thief breaking into your trailer and finding live tigers, I think I would pay too see that! Adam

BallC74, NoCoCraig and Panhandle flash Thank this.
  8. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Thanks to the Admins I think I have figured out how to post pictures. I will give it another try and see if I can post some more.

icey road 1.jpg Glen Hwy.jpg

Those two pictures are on the Glenn Hwy between Tok and Glennallen. Luckily my truck comes with ice skates instead of tires. :biggrin_25511:

Kluane Lake.jpg unnamed.jpg

I took those two pictures on my last trip home. Both are in the Kluane Lake Destruction Bay area. Not much snow in the Yukon in places. This time it was snowing and the road was solid ice.

9. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Ive been to all lower 48, I have always wanted to go to Alaska. One of day before my career is over I will. i do like Northern NY,VT, NH. I hauled high end furniture for a while, I did a lot of small towns on skinny two lane roads. It was beautiful.

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  10. Psyched

Psyched Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Us
    I thought most produce moved by container. I know walmart and Costco containerize from their wa dcs

11. that65

that65 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Lincoln,Ne.
    So no one in Canada has a record, dui or any other dumb thing?

alds Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.