Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Well that's too bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    So I'm backing in for the night and I hear what sounds to be a full-on car alarm.... You know the type has about 4 different Sirens it Cycles through.... But I hear it in the middle of the truck parking area....

And I noticed the sound is moving....

Then I realize it's the backup alert for a Celadon truck....

Either someone has a sense of humor or someone wants that driver dead because to hear that thing constantly while backing would get someone shot.....

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    If you're looking for a cheap fuel up place off I-10 coming through El Paso 320 South Americas Avenue there is an 7-11 truck stop. Current EFS price $2.49 a gallon...

It's brand new so satellite has no photo yet...
    Screenshot_20171119-124514.png

You take Exit 47 off of loop 375 and go through the next two lights and make a left on Pan American and then a left again to the service road and that'll get you to the entrance to the truck stop. It's not big three fuel Lanes card is accepted outside and they have about 5 parking spots on the opposite side where the exit is.

IMG_20171119_124330_615.png

If you come into it from Socorro you'll be coming in backwards and it's a pain in the ### because it's pretty tight. I know from experience..
    Screenshot_20171119-125017.png

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Leaving Las Cruces NM now, heading east. Thank you @Kamkor, valuable advice!

Kamkor Thanks this.
  6. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    They also have bulk def. For 1.99....

There was a lot of trucks getting fuel there so the tanks get turned over good. After I left going west I got 8.6 mpg at 68 with 78k so the fuel is good...

MachoCyclone and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  7. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Awesome @Kamkor. Are they open 24hrs? I'm heading west also and will be passing through there overnight.

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I assume yes? Its a 7-11. May need to call them to find out though. But I've never seen a 7-11 closed...

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  9. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    @Kamkor, I saw want you meant by if you come in the wrong direction. A little tight is an understatement. I'm here now and came in the way you said. Had to wait for to another driver to fix himself cause he came in the wrong way. But not before he punched in his cab extender.

Getting into the parking space was really tight.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Yeah I came in the wrong way and I got lucky because all of the trucks that were fueling moved forward to leave when I came in I had to pull forward as if I was going to go around the fuel pumps and then back almost out in the traffic to straighten out before I could hit a fuel pump.

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  11. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    My dash cam stopped working properly. Still is recording but images are over exposed and I can't capture the feed on my phone any more using WiFi. But can still view the live images over the WiFi.
    I'm bringing it up because it's only 13 months old and I think I recommend it here. (DDPai mini)
    It was a great dash cam till two weeks ago and at $79.99 I'll probably buy another one.
    But since I told everyone how good it was and now it's broken wanted to acknowledge it's short 13 month life span. lol

DDPai mini Wi-Fi Full HD 1080P Dashcam, 140 Degree Wide Angle, Night-vision, WDR, Loop Recording, Built-in Supercapacitor, Snapshot Button, Parking Monitor, Storage Up To 128GB, iOS, Android APP; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CZDL2T2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_n7YeAb0ATSDPC

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.