Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Anyone know if anyone is getting thru Fl. panhandle going East? Anyone use an alternate route getting thru? According to Fl511, I-10 is still closed both directions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Google maps also showing it closed between Tallahasse and Defuniak Springs until midnight. I imagine there are trees, power lines, and roofs on the road....

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    So my load canceled and I was near out of hours so...went to a truck stop and got a "little" sleep...

f9194adb-c94c-4cb9-9a0c-73ef60d87ddc.jpg

+2 hours on that, because I woke up FROM a nap to put my charged watch on when it dinged.....

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Having been with JCT for 8 years myself before moving on to better and more profitable opportunities, I had seen a rapid decline in driver quality being brought on. It was more about filling the empty seats than bringing on quality and experience. The 6 month experience requirement has been like that figure several years, not just 18 months.
    Their priority seemed to have shifted to nothing but money.... for them. Every empty truck sitting on that lot is revenue not generated for 3 Diamond Leasing, therefore, a driver with basically 4 months experience on their own (figure 6-8 weeks with trainer) is now a business owner and trying to learn too much too quickly.
    Who suffers? The experience drivers do. Down time for repairs that could have been avoided by simple walk around, and lost loads due to customers losing faith in JCT's ability to perform OTD.
    As Terry mentioned, it's industry wide, but in a smaller company such as JCT, they should really want to bring on the best, not worry about running incompetent drivers off, as that is more of a concern than keeping the competent ones.
    JCT is slowly trying to catch up. I mean, it only took 10 years to see a change in the compensation package. They have a breakdown policy that they keep hush hush because they seem to not want to pay their drivers for having JCT's equipment repaired. A detention schedule that that is laughable at best because they don't value their driver's time. A micro managing system that makes INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS like they're children.
    Those of you that have been at JCT any amount of time should realize that pastures are MUCH GREENER on the other side. You guys are chasing miles every single day. If you take any time off, it hurts because they're is no way to make up that lost revenue because you can only run so many miles per day/ week. Of all the drivers that have left JCT, not because they had ill feelings towards them, but they wanted more.... freedom, time, money, choices, life, Terry is probably the most successful I know. Y'all thought I was lazy when I was at JCT, hell, I take off even more time and make much much more with less miles run.
    Once you guys/ gals understand about running a business, controlling expenses and self managing your time, I seriously urge you to consider looking at other options, especially where you can choose your own freight and not have someone decide the path YOUR business is going to take. . Chase revenue, not miles..... it's a whole different ball game

Treputt and kanidana Thank this.
  6. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I10 is closed until further notice

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Pretty sure those oasises have free showers lol

Setting that aside, this sounds like a clear case of former spoonfed company drivers who were told which lanes to run, where to fuel and when to wipe their butt.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Jarhed1964 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I just saw one of our brand new 2018 Tractors...38xx...A.

Really, already a letter behind it?

Jarhed1964 and CannonballAA Thank this.
  10. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Probably be a D next week..

Jarhed1964, Rugerfan and Kamkor Thank this.
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    So you're saying someone's going to....

Get the D?

Rugerfan and CannonballAA Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.