Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    And, yes, that'll get you a few feet down the road. I think I could actually spell that when I started. Now, what really matters is if you can HANDLE IT. That's an entirely different matter and so much more complex. The revolving door of trucking is only a metaphor. It's actually, come right on in, the exit is immediately around the bend for most. So, I love this industry, I love the lifestyle, I hate the irritations, I hate the elogs, but the bottom line is, I'm still here. I'm not even bragging about that. Just stating it as a fact after 6 plus years. The retention rate in this business is rather low. And the ways that this business can end you fast are high..and I'm not talking about being stupid, just randomness can end you. So, here's to those of us that are still here and those of us who aren't taken out after 20 years of safe driving due to a mistake. That's the way it is and it ain't no other way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    And, yes, that'll get you a few feet down the road. I think I could actually spell that when I started. Now, what really matters is if you can HANDLE IT. That's an entirely different matter and so much more complex. The revolving door of trucking is only a metaphor. It's actually, come right on in, the exit is immediately around the bend for most. So, I love this industry, I love the lifestyle, I hate the irritations, I hate the elogs, but the bottom line is, I'm still here. I'm not even bragging about that. Just stating it as a fact after 6 plus years. The retention rate in this business is rather low. And the ways that this business can end you fast are high..and I'm not talking about being stupid, just randomness can end you. So, here's to those of us that are still here and those of us who aren't taken out after 20 years of safe driving due to a mistake. That's the way it is and it ain't no other way.

4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    If you don't have the experience, JCT will spot you for it on the grounds you reliably drop trailers at drop locations in a state of ill-repair. The more trailers you drop with flat tires/bald spots/leaking air lines/inop lights..the quicker you'll be recognized as a consummate professional.

And no, I'm not kidding

5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX

Dropping good trailers?

RUdPyQP.jpg

6. Lightfoot71

Lightfoot71 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Tulsa, Ok
    Lol I've coupled and uncoupled quite a few, just not ever coast to coast..
    I need to make at least 65k a yr though.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I worked for JCT years ago when they had big hood Kw's and Peterbilts. Ran my ##* off. Running a lot of produce out of California to east coast, I got plenty of miles. The only thing i hated was delivering to Wally World D.C's all over the country. Have you heard if they still load out of Daisy Brand in Garland,Texas. Those loads are awesome, easy to unload yourself, and make a little extra pocket money. Took longer to have it checked in, than it did to unload the few pallets, and downstack

Jarhed1964 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  8. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    A heartbeat and the ability to make a noise of some sort with your mouth. That gets you to orientation and possibly a brand new 2019 truck so you can quit in 2 months.

9. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Proof that local drivers have to much time on their hands. It's funny though.

Kamkor Thanks this.
  10. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    That is what is required today by most Mega Companies. Heartbeat, 1/4 of a brain cell, two legs/arms, and a voice only to say yes to everything the company says. LOL

drvrtech77 and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    So..Florida Man...strikes again...

Rolling north on 75, I glance down at a passing Black Chrysler 300...

See a dude, no pants driving, going HAM on himself.

I mutter the obligatory "####ing Florida"...carry on...

West on I10....like...and hour or so later...

Glance down...black Chrysler...

SAME DUDE. SAME LACK OF PANTS. Same going FULL HAM.

Florida man...COMING soon to you...eventually...

DADof3, Jarhed1964, Rugerfan and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.