Ryder dedicated OK

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jescott418, Apr 8, 2018.

1. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    I just started a Ryder dedicated job, its OTR but comes with weekly home time and specific lanes for WalMart distribution centers. As with any trucking job it's not perfect and pay is probably not as great as it should be. A compromise always seems to affect the driver in dedicated accounts. Companies like Ryder bid to customers on lanes and try and offer a bid that wins the account but its always the driver that sometimes gives up something in return for stability. Equipment is eventually going to be new trucks but for now I drive a Ryder rental fleet truck. Of course they de-rate engine to 400Hp and your govern to 65mph. Ryder wants you fueling at their service centers rather then truck stops which is bad for getting a free shower and other amenities. Service at these places isn't that great and other then a DOT problem they really don't address your issues that well. But that's probably typical of most companies these days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    is this a new account with walmart

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    some Ryder locations do have showers available,...for free..

i know, i worked a dedicated Ryder account. i'd go down to Winchester, VA, switch out a trailer from another driver going there, and i'd have plenty of time for that free shower. you just gotta bring your own soap/towels, which i always did, even when in other jobs, i'd use the truck stop showers.

5. jescott418

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    Its going to WalMart DC's in certain lanes, delivering DelMonte product.

6. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    oh okay that it was ryder taking over a dc

7. jescott418

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    No I think Schneider is pretty big in WalMart DC's right now. Least in my travels to several DC's I see a lot of Schneider trucks coming and going.

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Schneider, US Express, Swift, Knight, JB and a few others that eludes my mind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.