Safety Stand Down

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Gold_Miner, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    Well my first week at USA truck was great and 2nd one is also good. But one thing I really like is we did not get the useless safety stand down messages the first week I worked here. That is one thing I really liked is USA would not send you worthless messages while you are driving. When I was with Swift and Werner we got these messages at least 3 to 4 times a day.

It is annoying, you are driving down the road and a "New Message has Arrived". So you think it may be important, so you pull off at the next rest area only to find out some dude is telling you "Please don't follow the vehicle in front of you to close"... yada, yada, yada.

Don't they know that most accidents don't happen when you are driving down the road, they happen entering freeways, in parking lots, in cities with heavy traffic, etc... So what do they do, they send you a message to distract you.

I hope USA sees the error of their ways and don't follow the other Mega Carriers by overloading drivers with stupid messages we already know. Heck you drive down any freeway and you see they same stupid messages they are putting on the Qualcomm. Missouri has a safety message every 10 miles on the interstate.

scottied67 and fr8te_sh8ker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fr8te_sh8ker

fr8te_sh8ker Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Three companies in two years?

:biggrin_25524:

truckon and DGStrong71 Thank this.
  4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    you will find after a while that there is a pattern of time for stupid message system
    don't be stupid enough to stop on the side of the road to retrieve the message

fr8te_sh8ker, Gold_Miner and Reycer Thank this.
  5. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    Yeah, I tried Swift out and they were ridiculous with the way they baby sit drivers, so I went to Werner and liked them much better, but they never got me home. I mean never.. I was only with Swift for a few months and with Werner for a year and half. I dropped out of trucking for a few months because of home time. Then I got to talking to a friend that is with USA truck and he said he is home every two weeks. So I figured that would be acceptable. If they do what they say and does what he said they will do which is out 12 home 2, then I will probably stay here. Problem with Werner is that I would put in for home time every 3 weeks, but they would keep me out 5 weeks. Almost casued me to miss my sons wedding, That was the last straw.

To me, home time and family are more important than money. If I can make a living and have a little time with my family that is good. If I am barely making a living and gone all the time, that is not a life my friend...

Why the negative reply anyway, we were not talking about me. The topic is excessive qualcomm messages.

6. fr8te_sh8ker

Jul 8, 2013
    Wondering what made you job hop three times in two years, if it was safety issues or qualcom messages. Apparently it was not neither, but I was curious.

truckon and Gold_Miner Thank this.
  7. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    I work for three companies in 7 months it was stupid but i was just a new driver i didn't even know what i was doing and i didn't ask for advice i got mad once because i couldn't find an empty trailer i quit, the next company they didn't get me home on time i quit and the last one because my qualcomm was out and i had to paperlog i was not patient lol

fr8te_sh8ker and Gold_Miner Thank this.
  8. fr8te_sh8ker

Jul 8, 2013
    Good golly. Where are you going next?

:biggrin_25524:

9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I can listen to messages going down the road on the Qualcom. Push one button and a sexy womans voice reads it to me.

10. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    You can just shut off the engine while going down the road, check your messages then restart the truck while in motion. There's an added benefit as well; it also shuts off the fuel gov so you can then push the limits. Does this sound crazy? Believe it or not, I have one of the safest records on the road. LOL, little does anybody know half of the stunts I'm unknown to pull.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  11. fr8te_sh8ker

Jul 8, 2013
    My daddy was a trucker in the 50's and 60's and I still have one of his chrome lighters with the sexy woman in thigh highs with a sailors cap. Pre-qualcom but he had entertainment to make the miles go by faster.

truckon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.