Safety Stand Down

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Gold_Miner, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I could very well know many things about you without ever having met you. Its called the "Science of Deduction". Example: Your handle and some of your verbiage in the forum implies that you are probably African American but I believe you are actually a white male in your mid to late 40's, probably slightly heavy set and short and most likely worked in the manufacturing (automotive) industry in a past life. How close am I?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Actually I'm a alien from another planet, my skin color is green as you can see in the picture. Yes I've worked in the auto industry, and have said so in other post. But that does not tell you anything about wether I text and drive or how many friends I have.
    but getting back to the OP,
    Brake check is this week. I have never been checked during brake week, but if you are moving slowly and hit you brakes hard a couple of times this will cause your brake adjusters to adjust your brakes if they are too loose. That is if your brake adjusters are operating properly.
    Be sure that your abs light is functioning properly by checking it during your pretrip. It should come on briefly when you turn your ignitions switch on. Not only in the truck by on the side of the trailer.
    If it comes on and stays on there is a problem or if it comes on and flashes multiple times.
    A lot of times its a simple thing like a bad ground so check your pigtail and drive a short distance before calling breakdown. It may correct itself as you move.

4. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    I tried that on my old freightliner once didn't override the governer at all.My new 2013 has a QC that reads the message to ya while driving,as im sure yours does also

The Challenger Thanks this.
  5. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I still have one of the old morse code Q/C's.

6. lucky07

lucky07 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Ottawa, ON
    And the word of the day for this fine Monday: Susceptible

7. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    dam even in a 2013?

8. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    Yea, and it don't even work most of the time.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  9. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    you need to join the USA Truck drivers facebook group they would get a kick out of you lol

10. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    My safety stand down message for today:

"Tie your shoe strings, people break bones every day by stepping on thier untied shoe string and falling on their face."

11. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Info for those that didn't know it. All messages that don't beep 3 times in a second or so are not urgent and don't need to be read immediately. Urgent messages will continue to beep loudly 3 times every couple of minutes. You cannot turn the volume down on urgent messages, they will continue to drive you nuts until they are read. All other messages beep just once and repeat every 5 minutes quietly and the volume can be turned off on these.
    Hope this helps. BTW, I haven't received anything urgent in months so don't hold your breath waiting for that urgent message.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.