Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    I'm already tired of dealing with snow this winter. Seems Ive been in more snow so far this winter then Ive had in the past 4 years. After my delivery here in Boise Idaho I get to pick up a load of sugar in Nampa and relay it in Sacramento. Which means I get to take US95 from I84 in ID down to I80 in NV and I80 over Donner Pass to Sacramento. US95 in OR and Donner Pass both have snow pack on the roads and chain requirements right now. Tomorrow, when I would be going over Donner, is supposed to get 1-2 feet of fresh snow in the higher elevations, and the snow level is supposed to drop as low as 1200'. Lovely!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Man, that sucks.

oragonads Thanks this.
  4. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    I'm gonna see if I can just relay it in Sparks NV and try to get something going the opposite direction. I don't know though, for some reason I'm relaying it to a customer in Sacramento but it delivers in Union City. Don't know if the customer is just being used as a drop lot of if it actually needs to go there before delivery for some weird reason.

5. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    When a new driver starts at Schneider can he choose between a truck with a manual or automatic transmission, or all of trucks now are ordered with automatics?

6. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    The new trucks are being ordered with automatics, but you'll likely be put in an older manual starting out (unless you're in intermodal)

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    You should head east, all we been getting is rain. Hell even a tornado down in Arkansas and Mississippi

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    PoleCrusher and mickimause Thank this.
  9. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Moron. Unbelievable.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Omg......how dumb do you have to be?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    "Lambright told police she was aware of the posted 6-ton weight limit and the “No Semis” sign on the iron bridge. When asked why she drove the truck across the bridge, she told police that she didn’t know how many pounds 6 tons was."

LOL... come on.

I wonder if the weight of the truck actually caused it to collapse, or if her ramming the top of the trailer into the top of the bridge structure weakened it's structural integrity that THEN couldn't support the weight and caused it to collapse. I remember reading somewhere that those bridge weight ratings were many many times lower than the actual capacity of what the bridge could support, not that I trust that enough to find out myself lol.

I'm thinking the structure had to have been really damaged by hitting it with the trailer, I mean shoot the tandems weren't even on there. Assuming it was grossing out right at 80k you'd be roughly 12k on the steers and 34k on the drives which means only about 23 tons on the bridge. Good luck with your next career, driver.

mickimause and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.