Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Having IC's retrofit their trucks cost SNI nothing therefore they don't care about expense.

Come on Class Action....

AM14, drvrtech77 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    LMFAO why don't we just sit around sipping hot cocoa and hum a folk song instead

AM14 and TennMan Thank this.
  4. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    You bring the cocoa I'll make it hot!

gentleroger and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    When I get someone in my truck who says they "have a great work ethic" I instantly know I'm dealing with a lazy guy. The older the person making the statement the worse work ethic they have.

SingingWolf and sealevel Thank this.
  6. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    They're just using this OnGuard thing as an excuse to push out the older trucks. They know none of us are going to retrofit. They were going to either use this as an excuse or force us to put DPF filters on the older trucks to get rid of us. One way or another. Oh well. My escape strategy is in in the planning stage. Save up a bit of money, then get my authority. I'm done being babysat but "not an employee." They don't want to keep the older, experienced drivers who actually have good records. They want to fill the sitting trucks with any warm body, and somehow think OnGuard will stop them from getting in wrecks. Yeah... good luck with that. All the electronics in the world can't make up for stupid and careless.

7. MiRig2017

MiRig2017 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2017
    U.S.A
    Ha, it is not any different than a big company promising the moon and stars to get you into their truck, but when you get there you see a different situation. It works both ways. Not everyone has bad work ethics if they state they will work, just like not every company will be crappy.

8. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Actually he is spot on correct. I was in in construction industry for twenty years and would hear the same line. Only difference was construction workers couldn't blame the transportation industry for being crappy. Red flags are at full mast whenever someone is looking for a job and at the same time preaching work ethic. Just the way it is. You can blame who you want.

SingingWolf and gentleroger Thank this.
  9. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    I have to agree with you there. Perhaps I should have distinguished my example as "work ethic" as seen from the outside rather than claimed by the individual.

The only time I've seen an exception to your rule in older people is when they are trying to teach a young person about having work ethic. Usually, they will give examples of a third person who has good work ethic but occasionally use their own experiences as examples as well. Though I have found that these people don't usually claim to have good work ethic themselves. But that they want to tech you about good work ethic and the value of having it.

Personally I have found that anyone who tends to sound like a braggart or uses buzz words like work ethic, or team leader etc. are usually using them to get noticed or get in the door. I try to listen to what everyone else says about the person and compare it to my own interactions with them.

This was a much longer post than I intended sorry guys and gals.

sealevel and gentleroger Thank this.
  10. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Anybody else have settlement statement issues this week?

Seems as if half my loads aren't credited for Fridays settlement.

But you can rest assured ALL the DEDUCTIONS have been deducted.

11. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    The good statement will be out tomorrow. Thursday. You a day early.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.