schneider is the worst.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tmr33, May 27, 2009.

1. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Heartless Express? lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Do you have a name or link to that pad? I have a 12v truckers blanket that is pretty good, but definitely not as effective as yours. Thanks..

4. love2drive

love2drive Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2007
    washington
    i have been driving for them for over 1 year. my first truck from them did not have a bunk heater. so, i would make do. get truck warm. shut down. sleep for 4 hours. get up turn truck on get warm. sleep again. no big deal. my idle was never over 17%. no bad for being 11 west. got a newer truck with bunk heater. love every minute of it. nothing wrong with the trucks. you got a problem, they fix. trailers same way. i worked for 2 other trucking companies and this is the best one so far. love the miles and time at home. my dbl is cool. everybody in my operating center is cool. so, if this guy got a problem, oh well, he should have a newer truck sense they just got rid of a lot of older trucks.

5. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    SNI reduced layover pay to $65/day so you must mean you received $130 for 2 days, not $130/day. And you are right about pay accuracy. I've never had a prob. Miles are inconsistant. Sometimes miles are good, sometimes bad. I've been on three different accounts with SNI over 2 yrs. Was on a great board once. Was on a terrible board once. Currently I'm on an OK board. The Company is CHEAP but honest. They don't care about driver comfort enough to install APUs or allow idling when comfort dictates. It's true that the Webasto heaters take the edge off in cold weather. If you run legal, does that means you log line 4 when required by a shippper to stand at the dock for a couple of hours while being loaded? Every driver I have ever talked to does not log enough line 4 and tells me I am only hurting myself by logging legal. You must be the exception.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  6. mightymouse71

mightymouse71 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Houston, tx
    well guy's and gal's im going to orientation this wk in dallas for sni i hope my experiance at sni is better than most and as pleaseant as some of you sni drivers..

7. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I don't know how they are rolling out the new trucks, but with SNI at least...usually the new trucks go to the teams first; then they slowly swap those 'slightly used' team trucks out with solo drivers. Im on a dedicated account and I think we have at least two new Centuries. One of which was a 2010 model with something like 50-70k miles on it. Went to a team run. Im probably the last ont he list to get a new tractor due to my location, lol...but at the same time...if they are just going to swap out my Century with a newer Century....forget it, I'll keep my truck. Give me one of those SNI Volvos, Cascadias, Prostars or Kenworths. Too bad they aren't getting any lonestars! lol.

8. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    The key word is "usually." I've run into SNI teams that want a new truck and haven't been given one. And I've run into solo drivers that didn't even ask for a new truck but got one anyway.

9. love2drive

Apr 9, 2007
    washington
    well guys and girls. it has been forever sense i have input anything but here goes. going on 2 years now with sni. i am making 10k miles a month. not bad at all. one thing about sni, if they do not have a load, then other people don't either. i have parked in the slow times last year for 36 hours before getting a load. but their would others truckers sitting there for 48+ waiting.
    like all componies, they have there problems. sni is the same. but over all, i really like the place.

Ride-On, Mr.V and MaximumTexas Thank this.
  10. love2drive

Apr 9, 2007
    washington
    well, here we go again. it is over 2 years now and still i feel it is a good company to run for. granted there home time policy has a lot to learn but at least you are not at a truck stopping waiting for a load to get you home. you are usually running to get home. 1 time i was a week over. the most of the time 1 or 2 days. not to bad if you think about it. at least they work with you. my DBL is really good on making it up to me. i guess that is like any trucking job, you have a good working relationship with your dispatcher or you do not work. my first job was with united road. SUCKED. love the cars hated the dispatcher. like the one guy said, 3 different ones. i am on my second.
    for the most part, it is a good company to run for. the people in my home office are great and VERY understanding. miles are ok. pay is not bad. things in general are preatty good. btw, in the winter, spring = 5% over idle with bunk heater 15% with out. summer = 25% and fall = 15%. it is not hard to get those numbers. the hard part is getting your doors handed to you in any other state other then the pacific states. so a lot of guys put the pedal to the metal. the thing is that you do give you enough time to get there even in these slow ### trucks and if you can not make it due to weather or late departer, they will not kill you.
    like any trucking company, having good working habits and working with not aganst your dispatcher, is the key.

11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That's simply not true. We have 50 trucks. I run 1500 miles out and 1500 miles back home every week. Two runs in five days.

Back when I was with Schneider, I never sat around waiting for freight. They hired me to drive a truck and that I did. The economy is just fine for many us out here. Too bad Schneider over hires and expects drivers to sit around unpaid.

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.