Schneider orientation

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Upinsmoke, Jul 16, 2020.

1. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Just to add, I believe the list is small if you're an owner op, or wanting to do the SFI thing. Green Bay, Charlotte and Phoenix are the three choices I think. I just looked at the add close to me again and had to laugh though, since that last time I looked at it ( a couple of weeks ago) the've upped the potential gross pay from 175000 to 250000 for solo van choice. Not sure where the extra 75000 is coming from, especially right now. lol

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I’d say Indy, they tried the cpap thing years ago when I was there, they ask “What is your neck size?”
    Your answer should be a question.
    “What’s the limit?”
    I think it was 17. I told them 15.5 no test :)

Cat sdp and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  4. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    They make you go through a physical, and if you are whatever it is you are to need a CPAP, then they do require you to take the sleep test. At least they did to a couple of guys when I went through it.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    In some cases more than the recruiters.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    They ask you questions.......
    Do you have trouble sleeping?
    No
    Do you wake up frequently in the middle of the night?
    no
    Are you tired during the day?
    no
    Do you snore?
    no

Ok, then you're good.

7. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    "Do you peer into your underwear throughout the day?"

Wasted Thyme and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I started with SNI. already diagnosed before hire.

I wish my current company took care of drivers with apnea like SNI does. With ins through them 100% of cost was paid by them.

am from Columbus. Indy orientation for me

91B20H8 and 48Packard Thank this.
  9. ADKHasty

ADKHasty Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2020
    pass the city limit sign
    I just left an orientation for Schneider and the cpap thing wasn't played but they have a few more nuances that they throw in. Now for the physical they place sensors all over your body to read your muscles and flexibility, this is so if you ever get hurt the have data for any workers comp claim. If going in as an experienced driver 3 months or more talk to other students about the road test. 2mins before the road test you get we are heading out to the yard and this is the way Schneider wants you to do all these steps and if you go out of step automatic fail. Had a class of 5 experienced drivers, we all failed ranging from 3 months like myself to a guy that had over 2 years.

10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Are the steps unusual that caused all the drivers to fail? Can you elaborate on what they were?

Speed_Drums and Cat sdp Thank this.
  11. ADKHasty

ADKHasty Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2020
    pass the city limit sign
    Two guys failed because of improper coupling. The trainer showed a video before the road instructors came and got us on how Schneider wants you to do the coupling and then they demonstrate once. Not sure if the guys had a laps in process or didn't pay attention to what was asked of them but an improper coupling is an auto fail. Another failed his road test for unsafe stop (stopped after a stop sign) and unsafe lane procedure doing a button hook turn (cut a car of in the other lane). Me and another guy failed to back into a dock properly or during their time frame. My screw up was I took to much time and forgot to beep twice every time I was going in reverse, other guy just backed into the dock but never got out and looked.

They do offer you to stay or come back to do a little bit of training and then retest you the next day.

Speed_Drums and nredfor88 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.