Schneider's training process??

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by cityboy21, Jan 11, 2016.

1. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I'm interested where you read/hear more positive stories than negative.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Reason for edit: Auto word correction.
    TBonze Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

I've read more negative than positive about all companies on the likes of Indeed, Looking Glass, Gaggle, Rip-off Report and such. No surprise there... I believe albeit there may be some legit gripes, what company doesn't have them, complaints?

In contrast trucking forums, like here, Is where I read the more positive and that includes SNI. There are a plethora of posts to sift through. Why more positive on trucker's forums? Could it be because companies monitor the forums, or professional truckers don't have time to troll the job board sites? It does appear that outside of trucker forums, comments are more subjective than objective.

Bottom line, is the big companies are starting driver mills. Put up and pay the dues or figure something else out. Unless one is an uber rockstar driver, if any exist, there are going to be things to be annoying as with any business. What is one's approach; just a job, new career, lifestyle change or become a business operator? Assess thee companies based on your requirements in your life circumstances and what you and a company have to offer each other. There will be sacrifices to start, what is one willing to sacrifice? My 2 cents.

Jason G Thanks this.
  4. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    And where do you work currently?

5. Road Jouster

I'm starting Schneider this week. Orientation in Dallas the 26th.

Jason G Thanks this.
  6. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    What pushed you to pick Schneider above all the other places you looked into?

7. Jason G

Jason G Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    West TN
    What "Road Jouster" said. They are everywhere. But I said more negative than positive. But I take them mostly with a grain of salt as most are just jilted former employees who probably caused their own problems with the company. But still negative comments get depressing to read. I just hope that I have a good to great experience with SNI and prove all the naysayers wrong.

Safe travels out there.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  8. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    You plan on going OTR or dedicated?

9. Jason G

Jason G Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    West TN
    OTR regional is what I applied for. That might change as I do research into what the company offers. They do seem to have a pretty decent "Team Matching Program" that seems interesting. But for now I am sticking with what I applied for unless a better opportunity comes along.

10. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    I've always been otr with my wife so it's what I'm used to but a lot of company drivers like the dedicated accounts from what I've seen. All really depends on your wants and needs.

11. Road Jouster

Some of what picked up from my recruiters and other drivers, SNI dedicated could have a amount of driver loading and unloading. Not a way to log miles for me. OTR here...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.