Schneider's training process??

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by cityboy21, Jan 11, 2016.

1. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Not every dedicated account has driver hand unload. Matter of fact, a lot of those accounts are 100% no touch

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    No, I meant read/hear. I didn't even realize until now my post was wrong. My point was anywhere and evrerywhere you will get the bad before the good unless you talk to someone actually making it work. But even that may have a negative in someone else's mind.

Jason G Thanks this.
  4. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

I won't debate that brother-man. Once I'm on board, in-the-fold to sort of speak, I'll learn more. I'n the mean time, I'll go by what I hear from the folks I deal with and some forum diatribe. I'm sure it depends on market and customers. E.g. Dollar General I've read has an extremely high turnover due to load handling and being holdup just trying to get to unload point. For the interim I'll pull a shoebox and maybe opt for tanker.

5. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    Good luck to you though. Sni is a good company to start with. Maybe I'll see you around. I may or may not be a company driver by the time you get here. Gonna try the IC thing for a year

6. Road Jouster

And to you sir... should you go down the IC path I wish you all the success! That is my ultimate goal to become O/O. If all works out and God continues to smile upon me with favor maybe operate multiple power units/rigs. My road handle is the same I use hear. Yes, perhaps we'll bump into one another - metaphorically speaking <<grinning large>>

7. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    Let's hope that is in fact metaphorically. I don't think my wife would like that any other way lol:D

8. Road Jouster

ROFLMAO Yeppers, my wife wouldn't go for it either. That little lady would probably douse my lights w/her 45 !

9. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    You guys have any updates?

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I'm still at home if that's an update.

audeygdad Thanks this.
  11. Road Jouster

Not unusual. Depending on base OC it is common place to sit at home for an extended period once you've completed training and waiting for a tractor. That home time will count against a drive regarding days worked and meeting bonus minimum requirements. Those days will count as part of the allow 18 days per quarter. If home time and 34 hour resets take you to 19 plus days, you'll not meet the minimum.

But a viable argument. If you are off but are available for work, will or should not count against quarter days worked. You can argue that you were available for work but waiting on a truck assignment. That would be a discussion to have with your DBL. Maybe you could get detention pay due to being detained by the company. Doubtful tho. The best you could hope for not having those days count against days worked.

Frankly, the whole bonus plan I think is a rouse and a crock. It is structured to be in favor of minimizing company payout.

TennMan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.