Schnieder team hometime

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Esouza0905, May 29, 2024.

1. Esouza0905

Esouza0905 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2022
    Just got our cdls and finished applying for schneider as a no experience driver as a team with my no experienced partner, we were told that we will be 18 days out with 3 days hometime. Not sure if this is normal for teams, any input is appreciated.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Got out cdl's? In English this says...i just earned my CDL license?

In today's market, take the chance if offered. That's not bad for a team even new.

4. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Industry standard or not, there is no way I would call this "not bad". You've got 2 drivers with no experience, who are expected to get rest while the truck is moving, and somehow people think it's cool to do that for 3 weeks straight before getting time off? Hopefully both drivers know their limits and have no problem saying that the load will be late, instead of ending up in an accident because somebody dozed off. What's even worse is that they're probably increasing their risks significantly while each barely making more than a solo driver.

5. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Case in point on "not bad"...thousands of $$ already spent on CDL school. New, in a severe bad market for newbies; Take an opportunity outside of a training contract and see what you can do with it. Free to walk at anytime.

And of course...it the person doesn't already know their limitations on common sense and safety, they'll learn soon enough as all of us did. Hopefully not injuring someone in the process. Solo, team, whatever.

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Seems good to me. 18 days out and 3 days off. Running team can be hard if not used to it. Sleeping with truck moving and someone has to like driving all night or split the night shift at 3 am or something.
    Hopefully they have long runs for teams so you can get good miles. If both drivers are comfortable around each other privacy is not big problem.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    IMG_6888.jpeg
    What no one wants to see, especially if it’s your team driver, you’re stuck with.

Brandt and Opus Thank this.
  8. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    If the market was that bad, Schneider wouldn't need to hire drivers straight out of school for their team positions. Experienced drivers would be lining up for those spots. They are exploiting these drivers. Being trapped in a truck 24/6 for 3 weeks is a good way to burn people out. What Schneider is paying these drivers is an insult for what they will be potentially putting them through.

silverspur, Dave_in_AZ and Vic Firth Thank this.
  9. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    what ? You looking for a date ?

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Don’t want to climb out of truck with someone who don’t take pride in their job and dress the part.
    I run solo, always have.

11. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    wow! you got all that from a single photograph ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.