Schnieders no Bluetooth policy

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by SeniorTacos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    When I was leased there they said no use of any electrical device while driving. They didn't specify devices. Technically a cb is an electrical device. We also signed a paper agreeing to not talking on the phone while driving even while using a headset.

Now, they only do this to cover their butt if a driver has a wreck. They can throw the driver under the bus because they have policies against it and the driver broke the policy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    They don't prohibit CBs

4. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    Just plug whatever you play your books with into the 3.5mm aux jack. I use an Echo Dot so it's all hands free.

The trucks without APUs can idle when temp is hot or cold. I don't know the temps required as I am an IC, but they don't want you to freeze or sweat. Schneider is a good operation.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I was rarely on the phone with Schneider. I think it's just a policy to cover the company ### if something happen. Truck can only idle if it's cold or really hot. Didn't mind the cold but it's had to get really hot to get it to idle

6. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Most of their units DO NOT have APU's. A minority do. When I was there I lucked into a brand new 2019 with APU, fridge and inverter. The guy they trained with me on automatic (lol) was given a brand new 2019 sans fridge and APU. Don't believe the hype, when they say "most OTR trucks have APU and fridge" they are lying.

Just like their website was lying when I googled the definition of OTR truck driving and found Schneider's page that claimed "most OTR runs are between 500 and 900 miles" and a bunch of hoopla about "letting other drivers make a bunch of stops while you get the long runs. By the time I quit doing OTR for them I almost never got anything over 350 miles. Tons of 150 mile runs with live load and live unload.

7. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    they have gone to computerized scheduling and computerized adjustment of NAT and ETA for company drivers. On multiple occasions I set my NAT for specific times only to have a computer algorithm realize in the middle of the night that I had hours and assign me some crap local run. And once they give a company driver a load it takes an act of congress to get it taken off. Too much OTR covering local runs and when the driver brings it up they always say there's "no coverage" for the load. Do all of the trailers still have flat spotted tires? Goodyear became my second home. My record for tires replaced on one trailer was 5.

I was at the yard in Jersey City one morning about to head to a local delivery and there were two local daycab guys in the yard just chilling, getting paid hourly to sit there and try to figure out where some empties may be. While the OTR driver in the sleeper cab gets to drive through neighborhoods with tiny roads and deliver to customers that have signs at the street instructing the driver to go ahead and back in from the street because you aren't going to be able to turn around. Madness. I loved the feeling of noticing that every other rig was a daycab on those streets and I must be some kind of fool to be the only idiot in a sleeper.

Another time I was at a truck stop on a 34 and someone had spray painted "Work 4 Free" in huge letters on the side of a Schneider trailer. They had covered over it but you could still read it. I laughed then thought "jokes on you."

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  8. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    When you update your NAT use reason code “ driver related”. Supposedly it overrides auto update. Generally works for me.

Why would anybody drive a truck in Jersey or the NE at all for that matter. Come on down south. There’s a truck stop on every exit, no snow and people will actually yield to you allowing you through an intersection (occasionally).

truckguy391, Opus and Badmon Thank this.
  9. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    I think the midwest has more truckstops... from what I've noticed

10. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Midwest also has more freight. Nice running for ICs at least. In regards to Bluetooth, i use a Bluetooth device connected to my radios aux jack. I have a single usb-c port on my phone with no aux port, and I like to play music and keep my phone charged at the same time. Can't understand why Schneider would want otherwise..

11. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I have an FM transmitter that plugs in to my 12v. It connects to phone via Bluetooth and everything plays through my radio.

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.