Seeking advice and help...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by milliken350, Jul 8, 2018.

1. milliken350

milliken350 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Billings, MT
    I figured with everyone out there, and all the experience, this would be a good place to ask this. I am currently a company driver. In a year I want to go owner operator. I’m going to stay on the road and want to find a super sleep configuration that works with heavy haul and having a tag axle. I’m also looking to talk with people that have a super sleeper so I know pros and cons, registering/ weight. Tons of questions. Let me know if you have advice please, esp motor/trans combos, gearing, steeraxle ratings, and other equipment. Thanks again!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
  4. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    If you gonna dream. Dream big.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Do you mean super sleeper like this?

2AE43DA8-4EB9-4CE6-B246-D9861172BDD5.jpeg

6. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Get to know those drivers. They are the only ones that can tell you all the facts. Those are the drivers that have the very large sleeper and are just taking it easy most of the time. There are very good people and there's a ton of information these people have. So That's where I fell you'll get the best for your buck.

milliken350 Thanks this.
  7. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

I rather have one like this:

IMG_5617.JPG

I took a pic of it at the ATHS show in pa couple years back. I'd go long haulin in it :)

8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You could have an orgy in there (if you were so inclined).

D.Tibbitt and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. milliken350

milliken350 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Billings, MT
    Yes that about where I’m starting is with that size. The black Pete. The full rv one looks nice bu t won’t get any work done lol

NavigatorWife and TripleSix Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I remember this guy I talked to in South Carolina. He drove for Landstar. He has the standard condo Freightliner. His wife was taking time off of work. She apparently has deep pockets, so on her vacation time, she opted to travel on the road with him. They bought one of those super sleepers like the aforementioned black Pete. They only bought so she could live like she was at home on the road. The driver disliked it because it's good for show on the highway, but to back it up in a lot of places was next to impossible. He had to unhook and get guys with standards to bump the dock. Once she went back to work, he couldn't wait to get rid of it. He sold it to a moving van company at a loss just to get rid of it. Seeing how you're looking to pull heavy haul, you won't have to worry about a lot of backing. That driver complained most of the backing and more difficult turns driving it. He loved the comfort, but he wouldn't call those "work trucks."

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Why don't moving cans use truck stops? And why those condos?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.