Setting Temp Range - Carrier Transicold?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by tscottme, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I have only pulled a handful of reefer trailers in last 9 months. My loads are almost all dispatched with instructions saying Temp 33 - 38. My only training is me finding video on YouTube to watch.

I only ever pull trailers with the Carrier Transicold units. It seems Thermoking are more common. I have no problem running the diagnostics. I can set the low temp in the the required range. I can switch between Continuous and the Stop/Start modes. I cannot decide if I don't know how to set a temp range or if my trailers don't have that feature. Can someone help me set a temp range?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Depends on what you are hauling. If you have it on cycle sentry. It's like your AC. With a few degrees up/down. If it was me. I'd put the set point in the middle of the range.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Are you a company driver or O/O? If you’re a company driver have dispatch tell you the set temp and save their instructions whether it’s Qualcomm,text etc... that way they can’t blame you for anything.

Trucker61016, Cat sdp and tscottme Thank this.
  5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    When in star and stop mode, most reefers are pre set to start the engine when the temperature gets to 4 above the sent temperature. You can go into the micro and change it if it is not locked.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

Company driver, when I get the dispatch it includes the required temp settings. The temp setting is always a range. As far as I can do & research all I can enter is the low setpoint. I notice the actual temps in operation are never more than 1 degree lower than the temp I set and the warmest falls in the range I've been given. Thetefore I won't use the temp in the middle of the range as I fully expect the actusl would sometimes get warmer than the max. Many/most/all? If these loads have a temp monitor in the freight.

My question is can I set the coldest AND warmest temp. I already designate the lowest temp when I pickup the freight. Is there a way to designate the warmest temp?

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  7. tscottme

How do I go into the micro?

8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    There’s a way to set the temp range for cycle mode, but since you’re a company driver, I wouldn’t recommend making changes without approval first.

bad-luck and tscottme Thank this.
  9. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Its been a few years since I owned a carrier. But press menu and use the arrows to scroll down. Try settings. Or you will need to check through the menu options. Or Google the carrier unit that you have and pull up an operating manual

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

When I press menu it looks like my only option is to choose which language appears on the display.

11. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I will try and Google it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.