Shakedown in Progress

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by JonJon78, Jan 27, 2023.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I never knew they could force you follow them to a scale.
    Did they make you pay for the scale?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    He stopped you to look at your bulge :)

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    The Ohio locals are pulling over sand haulers daily where I’m currently running. No sweat as I only run nights. I got about four lights out on this chassis. Was going to fix them yesterday morning but was too cold. Today will be much warmer. The manufacturer decided to use marker lights that aren’t readily available…..anywhere. So annoying.

Whoever fixed the wiring the first go around should be slapped twice and sat in a corner somewhere.

JonJon78, Siinman, Vampire and 12 others Thank this.
  5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Hey, that roll over you posted a few days ago, was that Ohio 513? That looked familiar to me?? We chased rigs all over that road when I was out there with big blue

6. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I used to pull containers out of chicago area. It was pretty standard for several of the suburbs to have their own commercial vehicle enforcement officers. On a side note I was told once by the state scale master at williamsville Il that if they want they can set up portables right outside a shipper on a public road an weigh trucks an write tickets for weight overages all day long. In his words it's not the states problem if there isn't a scale or an accurate scale at the shipper. Any time you come off of private property onto the public roadways it's your responsibility to be legal. He had a hard on for us end dumps pulling out of the coal mine.

Siinman, Vampire, austinmike and 7 others Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    They used to do that #### when i was working some jobsites out in big sky montana... They would set up right before the canyon on us191 at a big dirt pullout and pull southbound trucks in... There was a #### ton of end dumps and dump trucks and mixers running that road everyday working the same jobsites in bigsky... And there was a gravel pit where they alll would get loaded about 3 miles north of where the dot would set up.. A racket for sure..because there was a scale house about 6 miles north that they wouldnt ever bother opening.. Just set up the portables in the canyon .. Got nothin better to do than f with truck drivers... Granted i wasnt the only one running heavy up to those jobsites lol . i was always thru there before they got out of bed tho. Always would see em setup as i was coming back out empty.

JonJon78, Siinman, Vampire and 8 others Thank this.
  8. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

You go down into the Port in Toledo, Toledo city has thier own portables/weigh detail. And alot of truck restrictions on streets around the Port. Complete set up.

Wood County SO has thier own portables, and Medina County, not sure on others. Medina even has County sponsored scale house on ST 18.

9. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Obviously you have no idea how law enfforcement or the legal system works in the Chicago land area do you ?
    You try spouting off that barrage of questions to any law officer there and you well propable wish you had just kept your piehole shut and just of let'em run the game on you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2023
  10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I ran out of Chicago for a couple years, yes I know, it’s your legal right as a US citizen to ask those questions.
    Look them up if you don’t believe me.
    900 E 120th street Chicago, IL was my terminal address.

I pulled Hazmat tankers on chassis, with half lights working and no wires on some.
    Yes, I’ve been stopped and dealt with the greater chicago wannabe law enforcement

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I'am just saying .. they make up their own laws as they go
    I know its your legal right to ask.those questions
    But Chicago land and legal is a huge oxymoron
    Just saying

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.