She did the right thing

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Old Man, Aug 30, 2019.

1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Penske could offer them a way home for returning their truck. Maybe they did, it just doesn't mention it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Like somebody else said, she should have contacted the shipper and then maybe take the load back to them in long beach. She's not a good trip planner cause she could have stayed on I-15 and run straight into barstow just ahead where there is several big name Truck stops. She passed hisperia where a pilot is located. Kramer jct is way out of the way unless she had come up on ca58 from long beach

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    9 million answers detailing what she could or should have done to get home, and no mention, not even close to the same shoes.
    It is easy enough to tell that helping other drivers is not even close to the first thing on drivers minds these days.
    Generally when a driver breaks down up here it, the next one stops, then the next one and so until it is fixed, if it can't be fixed, someone will drag it to a dock and we will deck it up on someones trailer, not only dos the driver make it home, but the truck gets awful close.
    The reason I say awful close, is if we deck it up on a flat, it is over height, if the scales is open we have to unload before we cross it.
    A 10 mile ow is several thousand cheaper that a 100 or 500 mile haul road tow though. lol

x1Heavy, FlaSwampRat and xsetra Thank this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Nor could they afford it.

x1Heavy, FlaSwampRat and starmac Thank this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    And why would you even think about it, it is no longer your responsibility.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    #### all these God #### companies that treat drivers like pos. They all need to go out of business

8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I go for the acid wash jeans and Reebok pumps....you gotta keep it real with these fools.

shogun Thanks this.
  9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I wonder if calling the shipper/receiver/broker might have been able to scrape some money together to get the load there and maybe a few extra dollars to get home? I would have been stopping at every terminal for every company on the way asking for a job if I was so broke I couldn't get home, I imagine someone would have put you in a truck.....hell you brought a load with you lol.

rachi Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It is not out of meanness of scrooge not to offer a hand.

It is understood that we are a great people, many are those who are capable of providing this help. It will be like crumbs they offer in church. They do not feel the pinch of spending that they call giving. They still drop a few coins and it hurts them not. It is meaningless.

To wit the person who only owned two coins and gave it all in the Good book is the one who gave what she could by faith that next month will be ok.

I am the one with the two coins. Despite my previous economic riches in trucking particularly with medicines. I know how it is to have too much money and too little. I am not one to drive due to the medicines I take.

That is why I am silent when I know that someone is going to run short 800 miles from home on the little that is left bobtail. She made that decision and must live with it. It is MY hope that someone wherever it may be she ends up walking at will give her a lift. Maybe family maybe friends.

We do not depend on tomorrow. Some of us do not get to have tomorrows anymore. And the rest? Well it is also said that they will understand the losses when it is time to call for their lack of action when others needed them.

Something to think about.

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    The other thing is, if the company is out of business, the DOT number get suspended as well. If your running the truck down the road on a suspended DOT and no insurance. That could be a problem

rachi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.