Shipping Wars Returns!

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Lunatic Fringe, Nov 30, 2021.

1. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I could only last 1/2 of an episode. Where do these producers find these twits to publicly embarrass themselves?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    There are hundreds of, "influencers" on YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok and other channels getting free stuff, free trips and millions of dollars with no skills and minimal startup costs. For every successful one there are thousands of wannabes who would gladly sell their soul to be on a TV show to boost their viewership. Kim Kardashian is worth $1.4 Billion. Her first, "leaked" video was far worse.

D.Tibbitt, Pamela1990 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    A&E brings back popular trucking reality show after 6 years off the air

i beg to differ on the "trucking reality" part of it.

5. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I seriously hope no one has that much time on their hands to be watching this garbage. Somehow it’s actually worse than that Storage Wars show and that show is Appalling. I can not do and will not even attempt to watch “Reality TV”

6. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Well, not only are these concepts quite a stretch for a television show, but they're not even spontaneous and honest... the producers coach the hell out of everybody to grossly over-dramatize everything. The result is a bunch of foolish drama queens, and the episodes are almost all the same -- formulaic and predictable.

7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    LOL. I remember Rush Limbaugh's take on reality TV. He said reality TV is really just scripted TV with non-union writers.

8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    How do they always end up close enough to be bidding on the same loads?

9. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    OK so I just watched the first two episodes. I had to wait for it to come out on PirateBay. I may pay for parking, but I don't pay for TV.

It looks like they have ditched that silly staged auction motif. Also, it looks like they are charging reasonable rates now. I always had to shake my head at the little fiddly bits of money the cast on Shipping Wars would haul for. And so far I haven't heard those nuclear trip killing words "...or the shipper (meaning the carrier) won't get paid".

Pamela1990, D.Tibbitt and BennysPennys Thank this.
  10. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    So true. I think TV truly died when the writers guild went on strike and Hollywood realized what they could make with half rate writers and even worse actors.

Pamela1990 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    glad you said almost. If you watch the view you have to turn in your man card.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.