Should Truckers be allowed self defense?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Jun 26, 2020.

Should truckers have expanded CCW rights?

1. Yes, due to nature of OTR work a trucker should be allowed protection.

90.6%
  2. No, there is no need for a trucker to be able to defend themselves.

9.4%
  1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If he was legally parked they should have no case.

alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Just throw candy out the window, everyone loves candy.

4. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Never fails... always blame the non-tyrant states when some can’t clean up their own house. :rolleyes:

First of all, under the GCA of 1986, for an across state lines firearms sale to be legal it has to compliant with the laws of both states. Also, there has to be form 4473 filed with the ATF and a phone call to NICS made with every sale. Anything else is roughly equivalent to selling guns out of the back of a van, which isn’t legal anywhere.

Swedish Chef, kemosabi49 and clausland Thank this.
  5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Oh cmon!
    That was going to be my retirement job, now you tell me that’s not legal?? :(

6. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Spot on, but the tyrants will never let the truth interfere with their objective.

Problem is too many sheeple won't take the time & effort to seek the truth in most anything these days. The way many look at it is, if the media says it, it must be true....

Lite bug and Swedish Chef Thank this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yet are those laws being enforced?

For more than a decade Badger Guns was at the top of the list for having weapons recovered at crime scenes. It wasn't until a couple of Milwaukee cops got shot that anything started to change.

There used to be a gun store in NW IN that everyone KNEW was making straw purchases, but Chicago and Illinois prosecutors couldn't get Indiana prosecutors to do anything.

60% of Chicago "crime guns" come from put of state. 80% of those have no record of sale past the first buyer.

clausland Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If that’s actually the case with that shop in IN, then I agree they should’ve been put out of business and the owners facing criminal charges, but why didn’t the IL DA’s go to the feds?

Swedish Chef, TallJoe and clausland Thank this.
  9. clausland

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Is any violent criminal really being prosecuted & sentenced anymore? Why are violent felons being released from prisons by the thousands? Why did Obama commute the duly sentenced drug & gun traffickers by the thousands? I'm not talking about drug possessors or illegal gun possessors, but federally convicted traffickers supplying guns to those unable to legally purchase them. I'm sure those thousands are now productive members of society though. How serious can one be taken when he talks about a very serious "gun violence" problem we have, and then commute the sentences of thousands of gun traffickers.

How many guns are "straw purchased" and then distributed, but when caught illegally straw purchasing, the straw purchaser, usually female, gets a walk.

I think we both can agree that neither of us want guns in the hands of criminals or mental defects, but when caught, those dealing in illegal firearms need to be dealt with severely and kept locked up. Like @MACK E-6 says, the laws are already on the books. Why do the States with the strictest gun laws also have the highest crime problems, because they don't effectively deal with their criminal element that traffick in guns. It's not a gun problem, it's a criminal problem not being dealt with effectively.

Joe from Arizona had the right idea with his tent city, Cali should follow his example...

Lite bug, Swedish Chef and TallJoe Thank this.
  10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    They want the violence to continue.

11. clausland

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Sure seems that way to me too...

Lite bug, Snailexpress and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.