Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Usually it is to identify the building from the air. I have seen a lot of places with their address on the roof for police helicopters.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, both my customers were running ahead of schedule today. My delivery was at 11 am, got there a little after 8 because I had to go thru Chicagoland again and didn't was to hit the worst of the morning rush, so I took off from the truckstop early. I never checked in, I just parked in one of their truck spots to kill some time. About 30 min after I got there, the receiving guy came out and got my bills and cut the bolt seal and had me back into a door. He said they didn't have much coming in this morning and needed something to do. Then, once I was empty, I did something I haven't done since I came back...I had to wait for a load. They finally sent me something, but according to the preplan, it was a 700+ mile run that picked up this evening, but wasn't scheduled to deliver until Friday. I told them that it wasn't productive. They claimed that it was all they had...I called bull ####. We just got another recruiting spam message recently talking about the increased referral bonus...if we were short on freight, why would they be begging us to recruit. I told my A/M that this is exactly how Crete did things before I told them to take that job and shove it...the closer you got to the pay raise mileage, the crappier the loads got, and it looks like Shaffer is the same way. He said that my delivery can go in any time, what's the problem. My reply was simple, if it can go in any time, the delivery date and time should show that, not a set date. We have a number of customers like Walmart that give us a service failure if we deliver outside the assigned date...so when a driver gets a load with just a 1 day window, it could very easily be one of those type customers. The load was suppose to pick up at 19:30, but they had overnight parking & indoor plumbing for a drivers restroom. So I headed in early. Got there at 13:00, and checked in. She said they would call me when they were ready for me. About 90 minutes later I was getting loaded and was out of there 3 hours before my appointment...right into Chicagoland afternoon rush...but I managed to get thru it and to the 2nd IN service plaza before running out of my 14...so I wasn't too upset about the traffic, I am way ahead of schedule. And now I am sitting here enjoying mother nature's light show from a t-storm blowing thru.

This old arse trailer has been another problematic POS. On top of the missing mudflap, I also started getting a yellow code for the starting system circuit. Since it was running, and a continuous run load, I wasn't too concerned. Last night, I decided to open the unit and check things out. It seemed to keep going yellow more on rough roads. So I secured some dangling wires that went to the starter. Not sure which one was causing it, but it seemed to solve the problem. Then, after I was loaded on this cycle load, I get a message from Lincoln telling me that they received an indication that my reefer had been turned off, and wanted to make sure everything was ok. I assured them that the green light was still on, so it must be a false alarm, and then when I heard the reefer fire up and run, I sent a 2nd message assuring them that all was well, just another POS trailer brought to you by the fine folks at Shaffer...a 2nd person said I should call breakdown...for what...I said nothing is wrong, it's a false alarm.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  4. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Tonn's latest driver bereavement message ...told how many safety points the driver had ???? ...instead of tonn's normal he was a great driver , liked by all canned msg....that's just weird 20210811_062719.jpg

5. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Wow why even bother…

JoeyJunk, Lonesome and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And he will be missed by his family and friends...what, he won't be missed by the company and it's management? I thought we were all their most valuable asset

7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    It reads as though Hectors safety points will be missed as much as Hector.

8. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    Guess Hector's idle percentage...wasn't low enough...to be included in Tonn's message

JoeyJunk, Lonesome, Deadwood and 4 others Thank this.
  9. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
  10. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Is that your truck Ralph?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.