Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I rarely ever get pull in on that drivewyze…get more bypass than red lights by far.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Only time I got a pull in was when the scale was closed. Saved me a few times when I'm over on drives slightly and get the green to bypass.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess it's all in where you drive. If I have many more days like the ones I have had it so far...I'll just do what I did before and just uninstall it...1 or 2 greens a day... isn't worth all the distraction and slowdown of the Peoplenet box. I fixed 8 unnecessary on duty errors today. I average 6 - 8 per day where it puts you on duty when you pull in for a quick break, and you have to wait for the #### thing to drop off the driving safety screen back to where you can go off duty. And it seems, the more useless crap they put on these things, the slower it gets.

Speed_Drums, 48Packard and Bumper Thank this.
  5. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Mine's never done a rollover or downgrade warning. Only had a couple pull ins over the last couple weeks, but my prepass gave me a red light too. How long of a delay do you get when you stop? Mine might delay a few seconds, but nothing worth fixing on the logs.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I lose between 7 and 15 minutes per 8 day log period. Which, when I am pushing hard, sometimes is the difference between making it to a truck stop I want to stay at or pulling up short because I am juuuuust under what I need to make it there.

I looked on this trucks Drivewyze dashboard, and it only has the US scales and FL cabbage cops turned on and check marked. The other truck had 3 or 4 other things turned on (that you couldn't turn off).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    On another one of those 'have to travel 200 miles before stopping' loads, which picked up not far from York PA, but on roads that certainly don't look like legal truck routes...but they are. And even with last months sub-9000 mile total, it still managed to put me over 29,000 for the quarter...how, I'll never know. How crappy do drivers have to run to not make the bonus level of miles?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The wife has been hoping I wouldn't quit just yet. Not just because of her bipap, but because of the news she sent me this afternoon. She has degenerative osteoarthritis in both knees which is disintegrating her kneecaps from the inside, and a number of years ago she tore the lateral meniscus in her right knee completely. They repaired it, but said a new knee is the only way to fix it. This morning she had an MRI done, and the doctor said that there is no cartilage left in either knee, and is now scheduled for the middle of next month for a total knee replacement on the worst of the two...so, our 5 cent raise couldn't have come at a better time because the co-pay will be in the thousands...but at least that knee will be better...it truly sucks to get old

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I’d say that 10 speed manual transmission showed up at just the right time!!

10. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I was off around 21 days this quarter between vacation days and home time, still made the bonus. My asset manager was a rock star down the stretch, made it by a few hundred miles.

JoeyJunk and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    They tell me the alternative to getting old is worse…all the best to the Mrs…

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.