Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. labagiamf

labagiamf Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    brooklyn,ny
    You think continuing to whine about snackbar's bs every week is also taking stupid to another level?
    Maybe you could quit reading this thread, or keep dealing with it, like you are advising snackbar to do, because the tone of it is unlikely to change to your liking.
    Hey,you might have more in common with snackbar than you think.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    took 17 empty on my back north. Neat ride and surprisingly accommodating for a truck. An empty truck, loaded I would be complaining for sure.

Boardhauler Thanks this.
  4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Who the heck is stupid enough to pay over $1.99 to live in Oakland?

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Currently shutdown at our TN terminal. Truck sprung a big air leak that I want looked at before I enter the danger zone of the east coast.

If I come to a stop or just let my rpms get low, I lose almost all air pressure from my secondary tank. Takes 30 seconds with engine off to lose it all but primary stays strong.

When doing a walk around it sounds like air is blowing out the front grill and breakdown says there is a valve in the front that is probably stuck open. So I'm chilling here till the shop opens in the morning to have them look at it.

JoeyJunk, Speed_Drums and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I had a similar issue last week with my cascadia just before I swapped out if it. It was definitely in the rear and was the primary side. Smart move on getting it looked at before you get stuck in the blizzard!!

JoeyJunk and newbietrucker91 Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ......and once again, if you think this is nothing more than whining, move along, there are thousands of other threads. You are the one who "don't seem to get it".....

8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Well if anyone is near NY City,and wants to haul a Crete load to Florida.I’m still waiting for someone to take this trailer,so I can get towed to shop.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The last time I tried, the original fuel stop was that Love's in Nashville right before the I-65/I-24 split. I was hauling 43k lbs, and traffic was heavy and I didn't feel like trying to fight my way across 3 or 4 lanes of that heavy of traffic with that much weight for 60 gal of fuel (not to mention, I hate going to that dump). I bypassed it and stopped at the Love's in Oak Grove, KY for the night. Right where there is not only the Love's, but 2 Pilots and a Flying J...in the morning, when I re-requested a solution, it still was sending me back to the Love's in Nashville for 60 gal. I was right at the fuel level, if I stopped and asked for another solution further down the road, it would have given me the 'call terminal for solution' message.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You're still waiting? My head would have exploded by now.

and probably had to pay taxes out the wazoo on that much capital gain knowing how tax-happy Commiefornia is.

Thing is, less than a mile from the 'bad lands' where all the tents and tarps were, there is a fairly modern looking upscale apartment complex where people are probably paying thousands per month to rent an apartment.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    When i go from tx to Cheyenne or slc it always gives me monument co pilot…i have to get up to lamar co in order to change that..it always wants me to go us87 to i25..but i take 287 up to 70…I’ve tried to send for one in stratford tx but same one would come up…so with that i would get into Colorado and request again…

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.