Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Big Creaffer G is at it again. Current load loads at 20:00 tonight in Vineland, NJ after delivering(dropping) this morning in Bethlehem. Delivery appointment was for 0300 on Saturday in Auburn, IN, but now they decided to get an earlier appointment, without asking if I can make it before setting it. Once I arrived at the customer (that has overnight parking)and get loaded, I will be way beyond my 14, so I will have to leave in the morning...and of course, they also don't have me running the PA pike, and the fuel solution is in eastern OH. Even if I did take the turnpike across both PA and OH, and request a new fuel solution, that means even more time spent, making that earlier appointment nearly impossible. I messaged Op's about it, and I heard crickets. What the hell is going on with this place...maybe selling out to Swift would be an improvement in the operations department.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Live load I was on turned into a drop n hook. Customer only does drop n hooks for us so they didnt know why I was told it was a live. They also just started loading the trailer for the load I'm picking up as well.

Yard jockey told me it can be anywhere from 4 to 8 hours for drop trailers to be loading so now I'm parked here waiting.

I also haven't received any auto homelike msg yet. Haven't been anywhere near Texas last 2 weeks as well.

4. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    :rolleyes::eek::biggrin_2551::biggrin_25512:...:biggrin_25514:

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The forced fueling system put me on another screwed up fuel stop. It had me stopping at the Love's in Hubbard OH to do a fill. Started the pump, put the nozels in the tanks and proceeded to toss my trash and wash the glass. I heard both nozels click off simultaneously, so I went to top off both tanks, but...it wasn't the fuel level in the tanks that caused it, it was the pump that deciding to cut off at 78 gal....and, it wouldn't let me restart to put reefer fuel in the trailer. Fine...I tried, if the ####er runs out of fuel and my load gets warm, fine by me...I did my job, fueling at that particular fuel stop wasn't my idea.

My next load is picking up in Grand Rapids tomorrow afternoon...why is it I only seem to pick up there on the weekend...when most of the friggin washouts are closed. Now I have to decide, after I get empty tonight, do I run out of route down to the Ft. Wayne Beacon and use the company account, or out and around to the one washout in Iona, MI that is usually open on the weekend...and pay cash, and hope they pay me back and not pay someone else back for my washout.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  6. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma

gentleroger and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Giggles while fooling with your dongle. You pervert!!

8. TruckerLlew

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma

9. TruckerLlew

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Dang! Ya got me! Lol

Bumper and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I started using a wireless keyboard back when I started at Magnum and they had touch screen units. Touch screens and I don't get along. I've been wanting to try to pair my tablets bluetooth keyboard to the Peoplenet so I can see if the unit has a driver that would run a printer off the usb port so I can print and save some of the messages that management sends out, so when I switch trucks, I can keep a record of their bullcrap. I am also trying to figure out how to put my Recap+ app on it in the background.

11. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    You can put reefer fuel in anywhere, it's not restricted to the fuel solution.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.