Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    There's supposed to pay for that nonsense... p&d and some dedicated fleets pay for this not just expect us to do it for free that's exploitation of labor force

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Not cereal got hersheys its the unloading End and yes in boone

4. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Not sure then, I'm assuming it may be something similar. I think I did help in a similar way unstacking some double stacked Halloween candy too. I don't know, let us know what it ends up being.

5. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    U get paid extra for it?

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If I wanted to touch freight, I'd be pulling a flatbed where I have to touch the freight when I am pulling or applying a tarp or securement gear...other than that, I got your driver assist right here

download.jpeg-17.jpg

All it will take is one big workers comp claim and a pending million dollar lawsuit and that driver assist stuff will end real quick.

7. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    There's been places I'm sure I could've unloaded faster by hand than the lumpers get it done. :rolleyes: if you're required too, just submit the u load form and you should get paid. Never had to, so idk how much.

8. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Called fareway directly receiving and was told they no longer require drivers to do anything but sit in the truck during unload... I'm going to send an email to q and a regarding this details like this should be provided in the pre plan not surprise you after committing..
    Safe travels out there and hopefully the company improves although a few days ago there was a crete driver doing a 10 in an active fuel island at Mechanicsburg running their opti idle 20220626_000818.jpg

9. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Haven't had to do this in a couple years probably, but I was paid extra when I helped. Can't remember how much, thinking $40 or $50

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Made it around Satan's arsehole (AKA DC) without much issue (and the sun was shining), and thru Baltimore without issue. And either the CAT scale in Adel was off or the delivery customer's scale is. When I pick this load up, with 5/8 of a tank of fuel I was 79,900+. Now, I filled up completely in Carney's Point since I was going across US40 to Vineland, the customer's scale said I was 79,200 with full tanks, and I don't think my squash lost that much weight chillin in the fridge. After I get empty, I pick up at a Kellogg's plant 25 miles from here going to Mcdonough for anytime Wednesday - Thursday. Whoopdie doo...back around Satan's arsehole!!!!!(I had to call it arsehole because the profanity filter won't allow the clinical 4 letter word for butthole)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  11. Ghosttrucker123

Ghosttrucker123 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Well, been with Shaffer 5 months, on 5th asset manager. I took truck to Kansas City terminal cause Salt Lake said be 5 days to do A service and I was 13,000 miles over. Week ago Monday they did it in 3 hours and 12 hours later truck towed back to Kansas City cause rear end lost fluid. After 3 days, wrong parts were ordered, I passed on loner truck, am non-smoker and not driving smoker truck. So at my expense 5 days later in motel, still waiting for parts.

Am not getting anywhere near miles I got first month of 11,800, been just under 9,000, tired of live loads on both ends with detention up to 14 hours. I know Shaffer good company for most, doesn't seem to be for me. Have talked to Terminal manager three times, but nothing changes, I stay out 6 weeks. Am wondering what other companies appreciate a driver who don't need to go home much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.