Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If they did away with the DT12, and the stupid front radar unit, the Freightliner wouldn't be bad...but this trucks transmission is like a spoiled brat that does exactly the opposite as you want it to. You need it to go into 11th, it goes into either 10th or 12th...you don't want it in 11th, that's the gear it chooses. You want it to downshift...it upshifts instead, then lugs, and beeps at you if you try to make it downshift. You attempt to keep a lower speed than at the governor, it goes into coast mode, then when you touch the throttle to try to maintain your speed, it goes up 2 gears, let off on it and it goes into coast again. This transmission is totally useless...

And the radar thing is great, when there is 0 traffic. I mean, I am sitting still with the engine off (with the opti-idle on)...every time a truck passes in front of me, it bleeps, and says my adaptive cruise is unavailable...why would I care about adaptive cruise when I am sitting still...I never had this many problems with Magnum's Pete...a few small issues and one big one (needed to pull the motor to replace the defective cam) which put me in a loaner for 2 weeks.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah and the new Paccar products can come with the Bendix Fusion system which is similar to the system in the shaker, it just depends on how far the safety team wants to take things.

Check out the new Peterbilt 579 and you’ll see the future for Paccar, all digital dash and the option of using cameras with much smaller exterior mirrors. Like Freightliner they are also promoting lane assist with the adaptive cruise.

Large fleets perceive a need to simplify the driving of the truck so really it’s only going to become more automated as we go forward.

Lonesome, brian991219 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I’ve driven the dt12 for few years..never had these kind of issues..I’m willing to bet that crete has tinked with the ecm and program on that to what they think it should be...I’ve driven the eaton auto shift as well and frankly the dt12 is best auto i have driven..

Bumper, JoeyJunk, racemaxx24 and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    At an oil drop spot along our pipeline my company had a port-a-john but the geniuses in management didn’t realize that you have to empty them out periodically.

We had a driver who took a dump and then had some of the liquid splash back up his bung hole. He got an infection so bad that they had to remove five feet of his intestines. Nearly died.

JoeyJunk and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Bendix system is garbage compared to the onguard...

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Mine has a Mercedes Benz logo on it, so I guess it's a Freightliner product.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    A number of the drivers waiting in line outside the shipping/receiving office at my delivery yesterday thought I was a little nuts. After being up in MI's single digit temps, the 32° weather of Bethlehem PA felt warm, so I was just wearing a hoodie that was half unzipped, and like usual, no hat (I only wear a hat if the actual temp or the wind chill temp approaches 0°}. When I stepped out of the truck to check in, I was in my shirt sleeves, and commented to the security guard that it felt good outside...he looked at me funny until I told him about the last couple days in MI. They did get a lot of snow in that area though... haven't seen piles beside sidewalks this big in a while

PXL_20210208_201722587.jpg

Plus, I guess they have to haul it somewhere to melt

PXL_20210208_201730919.jpg

4mer trucker, Lonesome and 650cat425 Thank this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yep. I had a stop in NJ and the office lady asked me where my coat was.... told her it want cold yet. Barely 34....

650cat425 and Dennixx Thank this.
  10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    It’s not even cold up here yet SSB.:biggrin_25523:

Lonesome, Dale thompson and Dennixx Thank this.
  11. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Piece of cake.
    Got 4 stops in Superior/Duluth today and they just issued a wind chill advisory till Monday...lol. Screenshot_20210209-075648_Google.jpg

650cat425 and Bumper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.