Solar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by motocross25, Aug 4, 2017.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    So apparently this total solar eclipse that's set to happen in a few weeks is a huge deal. My company sent out a Quail Call message and there's notices printed up all around the office how people are flocking to these towns where it's most visible and to expect extreme delays. Apparently anywhere in the Midwest is going to be a nightmare. Nebraska DOT has already banned oversize loads the day before, of, and after the event. Should be fun. I know where I'm from, St. Louis, the news was saying like every hotel is booked and some have been for a year or more in anticipation of this. Good thing there's major construction downtown where all the interstates come together :confused:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Whats a Quail Call?

4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Well, it was supposed to be Qualcomm but apparently that got predictive texted by my phone. And I'm an idiot and don't proofread evidently.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
  6. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Yeah here in middle tn it's supposed to be one of best viewing areas. The news is reporting major traffic during and after. And spokes woman for tdot is actually asking people not to stop in the middle of interstate to look.

bzinger and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    I heard the nasa people say not to look at it! We might have alot of blind people when its over. :eek:

8. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    The places folks make their own spots at truck stops in the middle of the night I'd say we have a lot of blind people now.

I know, beating a dead horse but it was to easy to pass up. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.....

9. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Lol! U be right!

trucker3205, bzinger and motocross25 Thank this.
  10. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    Yea some people seem to be getting carried away with it I live in the mountains in NC and people are selling out their yard space for like $20 a person and people are actually paying it lol

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Expect data and cell phone networks to collapse in the eclipse zone as tens of millions of people who are not normally there will swamp the towers. This will cause an apocalypse because people will lose their minds if they cell phone loses contact with facebook. Also, beware of fake eclipse glasses which can severely damage your eyes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.