SPD (Smokey Point Dist.)

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pes2, Aug 13, 2019.

1. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Update on the thread, well, they still won't let me drive a truck, @kylefitzy is still my top driver, Pratt manufactures sub-par equipment, it's getting cold outside, my office needs a heater, the hollandaise sauce last night was the bomb and @blairandgretchen loves Fuzzy Taco's.

SL3406, Feedman, 1951 ford and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    As @kylefitzy said, it sounds like this person may be stretching the truth a little. It's not impossible if it's a senior driver at the top of the salary scale and they are doing TR's between KS and WA but that's cutting it close. I'd say a hard runner doing legal stuff with a little OD mixed in might see $70/75k their first year. Someone with 5 years could be in the $85/90k range.

I don't know all the details off the top of my head at the moment however I know they either have or are looking at starting a program whereby you get credit for your past experience when starting out so that experienced drivers come in at a higher starting pay than someone with only a year or two experience. Recruiting would be the ones to answer that question.

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Now who’s stretching the truth!

cke Thanks this.
  5. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Well, maybe Love's Fuzzy Taco's was a stretch, @blairandgretchen really likes Fuzzy Taco's. Is that better because Pratt still builds sub-par equipment, my office really needed a heater today because is was colder than a well diggers ### in a hole outside.

cke and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I had the quesadilla - but was suitably impressed. It’s one dish I excel beyond most restaurants at - but they nailed it pretty good.

However, the company and transportation was what I was most impressed with.

cke and catalinaflyer Thank this.
  7. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    What's the average length if ha for solo? Do they get to run coast to coast?

pes2 Thanks this.
  8. pes2

pes2 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Monticello, Florida
    There’s really no avg length of haul. I’m solo. Company driver. And 90% of my loads have been coast to coast. I’ve had a few intermediate runs. But good miles if you want to run, don’t refuse loads, don’t #####, complain or be a diva. The miles are here if you like to hustle.

kylefitzy and steven7994 Thank this.
  9. steven7994

Feb 11, 2013

What extra accesioral pay do they offer?

pes2 Thanks this.
  10. pes2

pes2 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Monticello, Florida
    I’m on salary so it’s all bundled into my pay. Detention and extra stop pay I believe are the only ones not figured in. I’ll have to double check

steven7994 Thanks this.
  11. steven7994

Feb 11, 2013
    O ok,their website states the salary and then said plus mileage based accesiorals. I wasn't sure what that was.

pes2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.