Spironolactone DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jbrewer87, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jbrewer87

jbrewer87 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Anyone on here take this medication and if so did you have issues passing your DOT physical. See for myself I take it as a testosterone blocker as prescribed by my doctor but it is often used to treat people with high blood pressure. I've never had an issue with high blood pressure and that's not why I'm taking this medication. But there is no clear cut list of what medications are and aren't allowed by the DOT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
  4. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    You’re fine. No problems with that. Just list it in the long form. Shouldn’t have any problems. Most companies understand that it’s all good. No stigma- and if there is, screw em, you don’t wanna work there anyway.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You do know that the fmcsa has a list of mess that will flag your physical?

You should check it out.

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It’s a strong diuretic for edema and swelling. Nothing that’s going to be subject to a DOT drug screen. At worst, it might show up in the kidney function part of the urinalysis showing a higher urea content, but nothing that drinking more water before hand and staying off it for a few days can handle or just explain the reason your kidney function numbers might be off. It’s on the list of acceptable drugs.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    They don't care ... Been on it for years.

8. Drivingotr4life

Drivingotr4life Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2018
    If you get a doctor's note that says it won't affect your driving your good.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  9. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Yeah I was on a medication was on the safe list. Was rejected by the first company I went to. They're allowed to have their own reject lists. If they don't like it, work somewhere else. That rejection is the only reason as im still in this industry (it was Stevens lol)

10. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Not necessarily. It’s supposed to be like that, but in reality, it’s NEVER that easy, for ANY medication.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.