Starting with Millis 3/4/19 Trenton OH

Discussion in 'Millis' started by navajo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. navajo

navajo Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hi all, new to the forums. I'm officially starting in Trenton March 4th! Paid my deposit today.. Excited to start this new adventure.

I applied with Millis 2 years ago, but they didn't hire out of Lower Michigan. Applied again and wouldn't you know.. Approved for schooling out of Michigan!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  4. 94coupe

94coupe Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2017
    North Carolina
    Good luck keep YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE the entire time

navajo Thanks this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Why starting so late?

6. BullDozer-(

BullDozer-( Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Probably because they are booked up with new students. They are offering top pay for rookie driver's. I'm starting Jan.21st in Richfield, WI. When I first spoke with a recruiter they had an opening in Ohio. Didn't put the deposit down right there and then, next day spot filled. So they must be attracting alot of new students. As they should be, I know I made the right decision.

navajo and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Oh okay. That makes sense. A deposit? Never heard of a company requiring that before.

I live in Ohio, over by their terminal, they are a good company. One of the better starter companies.

navajo Thanks this.
  8. BullDozer-(

Nov 19, 2018
    They are not a completely free Company sponsored training program. You have to pay $500 to start. $100 deposit and $400 when you get to training. Then your obligated to pay the remainder of $2500 for classroom training through payroll deductions. If you're hired on you sign a contract to stay with them for 1 year and they waive the driver training fee of $2500.00. When you're on the road with trainer you get paid and $100 is deducted weekly. When you go solo it's $30 weekly. I assume it's because they want people who are serious about becoming a truck driver and not just someone who is interested, If that makes any sense. I like the idea of it because that means they got a company full of dedicated people and it is like a family not numbers.

SavageSage, navajo and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  9. 94coupe

Nov 7, 2017
    North Carolina
    Contract signed day one

10. BullDozer-(

Nov 19, 2018
    Correct.

11. 94coupe

Nov 7, 2017
    North Carolina
    Keep things in perspective great company but there's a still a number on the side of your truck and its a trucking company in the trucking industry turnover rate still high but that's anywhere

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.