Stevens Transport or Schneider

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Manillajay, Mar 30, 2020.

1. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I have worked both companies I know exactly what they like still would go back to washing cars over either.
    As for a job it being a job Mcdonalds and trucking you should like working at the trucking over the Mcdonalds or equivalent of your first job. My current job I love but chinatown mention some good names on his list any of which would be better then either those choices.

I wish I had listen when I was warned from my relatives who told me stevens is a bottom company I ignored them at my expense because I needed money fast it was more a nightmare after said and done. whats worse half the people I went to start class the company came from CR England both companies are bad I have never worked for CR England however due number actual real life drivers who told me when they went to Swift instead for a job the stories were bad. Both companies seems were better alternatives to CR England seems they take the cake lol

bryan21384 and Manillajay Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Lol I hear ya brother. Maybe OP has a different experience. CR England does have a lot of horror stories. It's quite entertaining. The thing is, you never hear the good reports on companies on as high of a level. Many times I mention breaking in with Western Express, and everyone says they are a bad company. They are a starter company, but based on my experience, I wouldn't say they are a bad company. I got experience, made money, ran a lot of miles. A better offer really dropped in my lap. It was a nightmare but the bumps make your current gig so sweet

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I always had that fear about doing dedicated. I like the unpredictability of OTR. Crazy as it sounds, I even like the irregular schedule of reefer lol

Manillajay Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Same here; prefer irregular route trucking. That's my best experiences in trucking.
    Not for everyone, but a perfect fit for me.
    48 states irregular route trucking.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yeah man, I like doing a month tour at a time. Sometimes those tours go past a month, or less than a month, but the irregularities of trucking make it worthwhile

Chinatown and Manillajay Thank this.
  7. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I wonder if its bad some days I miss the OTR sometimes I did 3 months at a time when I first start after came home decided 3 months was too much isolation after that would do maybe a month towards the end I guess I stayed 2 weeks out then was more local stuff eventually just moved up in the world lol

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  8. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Are you a newbie driver or have you got years under your belt? If you are new, then go with Stevens. You will suffer for awhile, and put up with a lot of incompetence. You will get miserable pay and get skimmed on miles. You will have to go over your settlement with a fine-tooth comb because they tend to "forget" to put in detention, expenses, layover, etc. BUT, they have a top-notch training program. They have classes and seminars year-round that they make you take. If you can get through your trainer for 6 weeks and then drive on your own for another 8-12 months, you will be GOLDEN. I went with them coming out of my Tech School training and I'm glad I did. I sacrificed pay to learn correctly. Money is not everything, all the time.

If you have years under your belt, don't go with either of them. For the reasons I stated above.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  9. Manillajay

Manillajay Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2020

I’m somewhat new. I’m just trying to find a company that will give me the experience I need to go to better things but give me somewhat decent pay for my family. I know it’s a lot to ask for

10. gekko1323

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Well with Stevens you WILL run your hiney off. I was averaging 2800-3200 miles a week. So if you feel you need experience then they would be a good choice. Back when I was there I was only making .30 a mile. I understand they've raised that to around .40. Only you can decide what you need for your family. Just remember that it is only a 6-month sacrifice to better hone your skills. Then, GET THE HELL OUT!

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  11. gekko1323

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    China, I'm considering going to KLLM. They have a pretty sick signing bonus that gets paid out fully in 30 days. Half on your first settlement and the other half in 30 days. I've always liked their trucks. What do you think of them? Not the trucks, the company!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.