Straight Talk about Gainey Transportation Services.

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by IROCUBabe, Apr 27, 2010.

1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Now Luv... you know I respect you highly, especially your pretty doggies but... come on now?

Perception can not be controlled, exactly how am I suppose to control how someone reads a reply? Heck I could type something in one tone, and others can read it in a completely different tone. And 'attitude' and 'tone' are hard to convey over words. Someone could take 'Dont make me kill you' in a hundred different ways depending on their own knowledge of the person typing it. Of course adding a lol or smiley helps to convey better still someone could see... Don't make me kill you =) the wrong way too.

So do explain that one to me luv :p

I can point out a certain saddle post where I was posting in my mind innocently ranting about stupid people who can't take a good deal when its handed to them without trying to cut the price more, and it was taken as a advertisement? See? Two different perceptions to the same post.

I probably was rude, I will admit was pretty darn annoyed that it was only page 2 before I got asked something I already answered on page 1 top post. So perhaps I came off more abrasive then I meant to. Maybe I should have added a lol or smiley. I am not going to apologize for the point of the original reply, but I will apologize if it was taken as some sort of personal attack.

Also... I am not here to help everyone I don't remember THAT being part of the forum rules. I do remember not being nasty as part but come on, I help those who can help themselves. And aren't constantly obnoxious.

And I didnt meant that toward Lady at all so don't read it that way. I mean in general. Like the population of human beings as a whole.

-----------------------------------------------

Now this week I learned 3 things that I thought I already knew.

You see we went home Friday for hometime, and I got this message asking me to do a load for my disp. But... but... hometime I said...

Oh we will get you right back see, here is a preplan right back, you can do hometime when you get back.

Grr... me not like this. Me want hometime now. On weekend not weekday. Weekday hometime for the lose.

But I love my dispatcher so I reluctantly agreed, that and my husband was like its miles we need money, which I don't he might but I don't I needed kitty time, but fine whatever. Off we go on Sunday.

Of course this trip was headed to Louisville from Dallas. And what happen this weekend along that route?

I40 closed in nashville.
    70 closed in Dickinson.
    Wound up taking 48 to 13 crossing a #### river of water 4 x before we ended up in Louisville, adding 4 hours to the trip.

Get the Louisvillle. Get message we are having ld back to dallas pushed back. Grrrrr! Call dispatch to complain, get told oh its trucking you know trucking. Tell him I hate trucking. Get call back a few minutes later, now he's sheepish. Has bad news. Load to TX canceled. He's sorry! He's going to find us a load asap.

At this point we will not be home Tuesday night like planned, my dentist appoint ment is completely unable to be gotten to ontime. So I tell him just put us available to Thurs, since we might as well make something this week in terms of cash go home this weekend like I planned to last weekend. Plus I knew there was no way he was going to get a TX load anytime soon. He says thank you thank you I will make this up to you I swear. Uh huh. Well will we get a load tonight? No he says. Fine I am getting a hotel. Thats fine he says.

So we had a run around trying to find a hotel with truck parking because red roof inn cannot properly update their site. PS: None of the three in the louisville area have truck parking despite their site saying 2 did.

Get into hotel at 6 pm. At this point we've been up in hot truck all day. Hubby is exhasted so am I. We grab some food, get things from truck, settle in to eat then go to sleep.

Ring ring ring. Dispatch calling. Grrr! Can you guys get a load to NJ, we have no one to cover it because the assigned drivers father was involved in a wreck and is dying and he went to go to his dad.

-.-

Of course I took it, not going to say no to that. But I was pretty darn annoyed. Called my disp at home and chewed his butt off. We had 1 hour to get load ontime. Dispatcher apologized 3000x again promised to buy us dinner, and reimbursed for hotel. I don't know why he apologized, I was only kidding its not like he could possibly foresee a driver's father being hurt. But I was sorta miffed we were avail when I told him we were getting a motel. Nevertheless, duty called.

Grabbed load went to NJ dropped, he got us load soon as we dropped to FL. Where he swears we will have a TX load waiting.

And when I get home this weekend I am turning my phone off and I am leaving the #### truck in the #### terminal and not looking at it for FOUR DAYS!

CertifiedSweetie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Alrighty headed home, won't be there in time for the horse auction ######! But will be home Thurs. However, I am wondeirng about a 150.00 advance on my little paycheck here. See thats weird, advances don't usually confuse me, but I have never gotten 150.00 advance. The most I ever get is 100. Thusly, we are going to be having a discussion on this issue tomorrow.

Come Friday I am going to be with a Siamese in one hand and a pina coloda in the other, the trucks going to be on lockdown at the terminal, and I am going to be happily engaged in rearranging the cats living arrangements.

4. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Alrighty!

So the 150.00 was explained, I am home in Dallas, well in Dallas not home yet though I will be in a hour.

I was all set to buy a horse till the person selling it disappeared off the planet. If they reappear by tomorrow I might have finally gotten my horse otherwise I am headed to a horse auction tomorrow to try my luck there. If I pick a horse and a kill buyer out bids me I might on the news tomorrow >.>

Set the cats up for their little catshow, got the week of June 7th off for my teeth thing. Dispatcher is headed off to vacation for 2 weeks, he's getting a call from me every day of those two weeks in case he doesnt know that.

And so everything is good. Truck is getting PMed and repaired some minor issues tomorrow.

5. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    kinda concern about gts now. in the last weeks i've met 2 drivers who were pulled out of kw t600 and put into freightliner columbias(stripped of all decals just a gts sticker and a d.o.t number) that were set to retire/be solded. and now i'm in here in fremont, in and i've noticed a few more decal stripped columbias pulling gts trailers heading south...wonder if all is not well with gts??????

6. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    Uh oh hearing that makes me nervious. I start with them Monday.

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas

Nothing to worry about. Corporate restructuring. Make your expectations known, do your job and do it well and never feel grateful, theres hundreds of other companies that would love your services. Sounds to me like Mr Gainey has the customers, do him well and he'll do the same for you.

I don't know if they are hiring due to growth? More than likely your replacing an ###hat driver that expects everything on a silver platter even though he doesn't drive on days that he has a runny nose.

CertifiedSweetie Thanks this.
  8. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Those trucks are being moved for sale. According to dispatch the drivers being pulled are transporting the trucks to their final destinations where they will be reassigned, possibly into the first wave of new trucks he's not sure on that part. Its cheaper to move them that way under loads.

9. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    i seen a few of those freightliners columbias piggy backed out of grand rapids. hope your dispatch is right about 1st wave of new trucks. my dm asked me if i wanted to drive a columbia about a week ago, i asked him why, he mentioned he might need my t2000 for a team..i told him no...i quit before i drive those ratty columbia's or those tiny t600. hell i wouldn't took this job if i got assign a t600. drove one for cfi...what a cramped tiny space.

10. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    LOL I keep trying to get them to give me a W900 or 379, and the columbia's aren't bad inside, we transported one back to base, under loads, when it was abandoend by its driver. We've done that a couple times.

11. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well been back since Tuesday, and my dispatcher is on vacation. I miss him! Its so boring without having someone to qc me dumb crap all the time. We used to chat on QC about silly crap lol.

New temp dispatcher is annoying me. She feels the need to call me everytime we get a load or preplan. I mean seriously woman... I pay for those daytime minutes!

I can read the qc!

She called me Monday at 11 am to tell me we had a load Tuesday at 6 pm....

I already sent the acceptance it wasnt like i didnt KNOW THIS?! So I've turned the #### phone off. Its not coming on till my dispatcher is back. He only calls me in emergencies or to chat, which is good. Not for every dispatch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.