Strawberries

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by MUSTANGGT, Jan 4, 2011.

1. bulldozerbert

bulldozerbert Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Ontario
    well, you could set a fee for your readers.................:biggrin_255: thn they would not feel guilty............:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road dust

road dust Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    His wife should charge a sign on fee, for sure, lol.

4. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    don't b giving him ideas now. :) he starts doing that he won't be a poor truck driver anymore, then he'll go an get uppity on us

5. road dust

road dust Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    A lot of writers are into self-publishing these days. Heck, he could start a web site charging a small sign on fee. His wife or another family member could run the web site while he is driving and all he would have to do is add a new chapter or two each week when he goes home. Of course that would probably take the fun out of it. Just an idea.

6. glyman83

glyman83 Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2009
    upstate, sc
    i dont come on here for a wile and i miss some of GTs stores. How is the book/publishing thing going gt, last i herd u wore trying to get Johnny Ray published.

7. jagerbomber3.0

jagerbomber3.0 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2009
    So where is our fine author??? I miss the stories. The guy can spin a trucking yarn like no other. Waiting on somemore goods. I'll buy a paperback copy if thats what it takes to get some more goods.

8. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    I think Mustang is on a break for a while. It seems to be his pattern. Write a new story, and take a break. Its a good pattern to be in, as well as the regular trucking that he does.

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    an enjoyable read, looking forward to more, Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. CCCowgirl

CCCowgirl Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Montmorenci, SC
    Excellent read - thanks for posting for us on TTR - you are a talented writer and I can't imagine you will be driving forever as you will be too rich and famous to associate with us truckers! Thanks again....I'll have to go find some of your other writings now.

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  11. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Well,I have been waiting patiently for the ending of "Strawberries",so I will come up with a temporary ending.......Joey was feeling down after Ricky's freak accident which caused his death,and had started on her long walk back to California where she felt safe;and in her mind could start over...She barely heard the Kenworth pulling a flatbed trailer stop behind her,and accepted the ride offered to her by the handsome,50'ish man whose nick-name was Bumpy...As the miles rolled behind them,she could not believe her good luck in finding this man,and was sure everything from this moment on was going to be alright....She snuggled closer to him,and she felt so safe,fell asleep..................And they lived happily ever after.

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.