student driver questions on USA..

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by mbtx23, Apr 13, 2012.

1. mbtx23

mbtx23 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    As a student who is supposed to begin training in one week and I have a couple other options available I wanted to see what the forums opinion of USA for newbies is???

I dont care at all about hometime/routes/etc and am 100% flexible with ANY/ALL of those issues.

With that in mind once I graduate and have the CDL.. will I honestly be able to begin working with the trainer for the 6 weeks or however long they said it would be immediately and once Im solo will I be able to get as many miles as they claim or are there lots of layovers currently??? I have heard on the forum that many of their student simply arent given ANY miles once they reach solo which forces them to quit and simply pay back training costs.. is that true or... do drivers such as myself who are 100% flexible with hometime/all issues and can stay out for 30 days if need be able to get a much work as they want?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I made $29,600 last year with USA. I won't live in a truck for that. It's crunch time for ya. Good luck.

4. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

Hell, I worked 16 years for the doc and was a Sgt and onlymade 31k. This is ala lot easier and Les dangerous.

Fergie Thanks this.
  5. kingoftheroad

kingoftheroad Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Seaford, De

To think you could have been knockin down over 50k+ as a E-7 in 4 more years http://www.militaryfactory.com/2013-military-pay-chart.asp with 20yr full retirement as the risks of overseas action wind down...

OOHHH MMAANN!!!

6. mbtx23

mbtx23 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Dallas, Tx

i wouldnt say that its winding down.. As the Globalist Banks IMPLODE OUR ECONOMY by design and the people begin to wake up to Obama being a fake/liar/ puppet that is continuing all what Bush did even tho he campaigned against all what Bush did. the globalists will need something to distract the people/get the people to rally around the "flag" (fake patriotism, where people take their hats off and honor the flag but they dont honor the constitution when obama passes the NDAA which means all US citizens have lost their 4th/5th amendment rights and can be arrested/tortured/killed without cause/without charge/without conviction/without trial) as we go into ANOTHER WAR. When economy's collapse, governments start wars and all this Iran rhetoric which has been heating up lately.. I will be very concerned for an october surprise this election year.

I thought more truckers would be infowars.com/ Alex Jones listeners.. I know thats what will get me thru 4 hours of every day

7. mbtx23

mbtx23 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    so Sarge, do you see alot of students getting good miles once they get done with training and start Solo or are alot of drivers getting done with their training and not getting much/any miles?

8. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

right now I am getting all the miles I can run. So are a few friends of mine. The only problem is having to wait at a shipper/reciever for hours on end and then messing up my 14 clock and me having to not be able to do my next run til the next day. The live load/unloads will mess you up and shorten your miles for the week. but if you can get mostly dnh's then you can run. it would seem frieght is good right now. cant speak for the future. plus I wont turn down any run. a lot of people will turn down runs if they are not long enough or going to a place they dont want to go. I will take whatever run they give me as long as it adds up to decent miles for the week. if i start getting short changed then i will have to say something.

9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I had 2 situations at USA Truck where I busted my 14 hr clock. The first one was in Va. My FM told me to drive to the Budweiser plant in Williamsburg Va from a delivery north of Richmond. By the time I got in did the D/H got weighed out I had about 45 minutes left. At the time I was ignorant of 2 places there I could have went. I drove to the TA on I 95 about 30 minutes over. The 2nd one was in Mass and I just lost track of my time. It's easy to do. That's why if you can avoid it you don't want to be on a dock late in your 14 hr window. I have left docks before being unloaded or loaded because of this. Every time I did this I called safety first, asked them to give me guidance. Thankfully most times this has been an issue I have been able to take 10 hr break at shipper/final.

10. TRUCK DRIVING

TRUCK DRIVING Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Houston,TX
    If somebody does not drive to the school how exactly would somebody get around...i am looking at starting this up coming monday

11. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Which school? They usually have a shuttle get you to and fro from school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.