Successfully Completed L/P drivers

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cptn_Deudermont, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Cptn_Deudermont

Cptn_Deudermont Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Okay, so we all know the deck is stacked in favor of the house, but odds are there are some who have completed a L/P program. I would like this thread to be those success stories. This is to help those who have decided to try the program with one company or another, and would like to hear those success stories. So, I am respectfully asking for everyone to keep it polite, and only post if you've successfully completed a Fleet L/P program with a company (examples: Swift, TLX, RTI, Celadon, etc.). [mine got put on hold for family health reasons]

Please, no negativity on this thread, there is enough of that elsewhere.

Drivers who have completed a L/P - what's your success story?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    The crickets here should seriously serve as a warning to those contemplating making the error/move.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Didn’t want to say it, but thanks.

Confirmation Bias.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  5. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I have my title. There is a 200+ page thread of that journey that stays on the front of this page as I keep it active.
    Ones own perseverance to own a truck will be the make or break. Not the confirmation that someone else did it. Although I’m a firm believer that if one can do it, so can another.
    Not every aspiring LP has the same circumstances in life.
    Some have families to think about and visit every so often. Some may have legal issues to work through. These are not “disqualifiers” just obstacles that need to be overcome.
    A long hard think needs to be done, maybe a few times before signing one of these.
    You might get what you want.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. ACAJOE

ACAJOE Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    This seems to be a very short thread, perhaps its the size of the company that is the negative common denominator.

That said , oh wait , do I hear a train ten miles away? Shore is quiet tonight.......

7. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I paid 64K for a 09 Prostar with and ISX and 445k miles back in July of 13, paid the truck off in 29 months while taking home 2500 to 3000 a month. I ran on average out three weeks and home for one week. I am still with the same company and have the same truck. DSV (formerly Sammons ) out of Missoula MT. Watch fuel costs and don't haul cheap freight, it can be done if you make sound business decisions.

8. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    I paid 51K for my '12 cascadia with an ISX, paid it in nine months. Same place a Dr Flush. I spent 4 weeks out and usually 3-4 off depending on the amount of maintenance required. I usually didn't do much else besides work on the truck when I was home. Once I paid it off, I spent 10 days off, doing little or nothing on the truck. Then the next month I was able to spend 11K on it (tires, emissions.) I made about 3K p/mo give or take and it was steady, unless it was a bangin' month (had 1 of those.) Thanks to the availability of electronic tools to keep an eye on the engine I was able to milk a severely ashed up DPF for those 9 months, with out that, I would have spent a fortune in the shop. I'm still leased to them, but have been looking at Landstar/Ranger.

9. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    I'm 56 years old. I've tried the 8-5 thing 3 times with the longest stint lasting 7 years and it ALWAYS resulted in me being fired. This is my third stint driving. I started with a reasonable company(System,) but it was the equivalent of working in an office for me, because of the attempted micro-managing. I had a great deal of impetus and a great support network(TTR, rawze) and I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. I have a place to park my trailer across the street from my house and thanks to a new concrete pad; a place to work on the truck. And not the least of which, a wife who is behind me 100%, never any friction when it comes to working on the truck. Did I forget to mention LUCK. Sometimes you can make some of your luck.

10. Cptn_Deudermont

Cptn_Deudermont Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017

I would appreciate it if you would be a little more respectful as to my simple request:

Seriously, why do you feel the need to bring people down? It's rude, disrespectful, and doesn't really help to show you are a nice person.

Again, please no negativity on this thread, there is enough of that elsewhere on this platform.

Thank you.

11. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    @Cptn_Deudermont what company are you trying to recruit for?
    Whem you have to go begging for "success" stories in a scheme with a 95%+ failure rate... Don't worry, you will make quota, after all, "there is a sucker born every minute."

blairandgretchen and HalpinUout Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.