Successfully Completed L/P drivers

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cptn_Deudermont, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    got an '09 Cascadia 4 years ago with about 380k on the clock.....leased it from Schneider for 2 years, and after the 2 years was over, I had a $24k residual. I had $11k banked in my maintenance account and about $25k in my savings.....so, I wrote a check for $13k and paid it off. Nothing in the world like a paid off truck.

It's a very doable proposition......you just have to be focused, determined, and persistent. The only thing I would add is that I would never lease from somebody that dispatched me........puts way too many cards in the company house. Schneider is all self dispatch and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cptn_Deudermont

Cptn_Deudermont Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    I am not a recruiter, I am a driver. I was looking into RTI's L/P program (see my other posts) but as i said in the first post here, those plans got put on hold due to family health issues. Perhaps if you were a little nicer, a bit less presumptuous, and actually read the other threads I have commented on, you wouldn't have made the assumption that I am a recruiter. I am not "begging" for success stories, I am asking for them. Just because you (or someone you know) may (or may not) have had a negative outcome with a L/P program doesn't mean you should automatically assume they are all bad and no one has ever succeeded.

Also, I made a simple request of keeping the negativity off of the thread, because it is prevalent throughout this entire section of the forum. I don't think my request for that was asking for too much; apparently though, I was wrong.

By asking for those success stories (even if they are few and far between), I am merely attempting to put some positivity in this thread. Is that really such a bad thing?

*sigh* It's mind-boggling that other persons - such as yourself - are unable to let anything go without making some snarky negative comment. I didn't create this thread for arguments on a L/P program, there are plenty of those already. So again, is it really too much to ask for 1 thread out of the 716 threads in the L/P section to not have a negative post or nay-sayers? After all, in the very first post in this thread, I did request:

Twice I asked, and multiple times my simple request was ignored. What does this say about your (and those other persons who've posted sarcastic/negative comments) character?

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Were you not raised with this growing up?

Again, please, no negativity on this thread. Addendum - no sarcasm either please.

Thank you.

dhkwanderer and Surefyre Thank this.
  4. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Were you not raised with this growing up?"

Watch out, the thought police are in effect! Don't chance offending people with the truth.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    BTW, I did successfully complete a L/P with Schneider in 2014. Having done that vs. being a true O/O is night and day.
    What do I know? I own my own equipment now and am not a slave to anyone!
    Good luck driver, you will need it.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. Cptn_Deudermont

Cptn_Deudermont Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Not the thought police, it's something called Tact.

All that was necessary was for you to say something like this:

Instead, you decided to post negativity. Would that I could delete those posts, I would.

7. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Boy you should teach a class 51,000 I don’t know how much interest was added to that in 9 months what were your payments $7,000 a month.plus fuel and tags,insurance,trailer,and kept $3000 a month

nightgunner Thanks this.
  8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Good post - got your ears on @Cptn_Deudermont ??

Another - you listening @Cptn_Deudermont ??

Whoa ! There's more - @Cptn_Deudermont

You better have your RF gain high and squelch low @Cptn_Deudermont !!

Oh . . . is it an ego issue - you know that comes with the territory.

You'll have to weather little ribbings like these . . . from @nightgunner

Lots of good info there too @Cptn_Deudermont

How do I say this without being negative or sarcastic? Well, no comment on your post to save any offense.

And see? Success! What say you to the wealth of information at your fingertips, real life stories, honesty, and even some quoted resources, tips and tricks - @Cptn_Deudermont ?

See - I included your name lots here to encourage you, or tempt you, to learn and respond - engage critical thinking skills - instead of being offended.

This forum is filled with real life characters. The ones that have responded have given you some answers. I haven't met any of them personally . . . but I'm pretty sure - just like me, from what they write, and how they write it - they're real. And this is a hot topic to touch.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  9. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I’m offended by being called a character

10. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    @Cptn_Deudermont - congratulations. You actually made me break out the laptop on this one.

Here's another for you @Ringo1 - he doesn't have time to participate much anymore, but then again, with the direction of this thread - as an outsider would read - could you blame him?

He's a Nice guy. We've had lunch a few times and talk monthly, for the past 3-4 years. Completed to the day, a LP with Schneider, calculated every step of the way and then purchased his own truck, continuing to run with Schneider. Very calculated.

Totally different people, he and I, - totally different family, background, age, life experience, knowledge - chalk and cheese. But he's humble, has no ego, very intelligent, and though he made choices I would NEVER have, made it work just fine and is quite happily trucking and making it work for HIM in HIS situation.

So please forgive me @Cptn_Deudermont - Mr - " Member for all of 2 months" as per your request, I am not a "Successful LP driver" because I chose a different route - but I hope my input doesn't send you off the rails. I've taken the time to contribute here for 6 years or so because I see a need for it. Pay attention to members input, posts, time on the forum and other details - because there's a lot of Yahoos that have been kicked from here, one post wonders and wannabes, but there's a WEALTH of information, and I'm talking "Combined years of experience and income in the billions" - on this forum.

Check your ego, grow a thicker skin, learn to laugh, and learn.

Good luck to you - and when I write that, it is ALWAYS, in most sincere, sarcasm free honesty.

Blair. That's actually my name.

dhkwanderer, shogun, SL3406 and 5 others Thank this.
  11. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ya big old cuddly teddy bear snowflake you!

Let me tell you a bed-time story about how the trucker was respected by the community and lived to be 109 years young

:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.