Suicide by citizen!

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Mattflat362, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    We have all heard of suicide by cops......but I saw a Nashville motorcycle officer pull over a car in rush hour construction and he was as close to death as I have personally ever seen a human be.

If he would have gotten hit and killed or if a massive accident would have been caused I would be screaming at the top of my lungs that it was all his fault!

I literally could not absorb what I was seeing.....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I can't absorb what I'm reading.

unloader, Bakerman and 8thnote Thank this.
  4. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I thought you hosers spoke English?

pearcetrucking Thanks this.
  5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Where is this going?

6. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I have no idea didn't intend much just needed to share what I saw. If it was on camera everyone would be like :eek:

I would not do what that officer did (I am a former Cuyahoga County Sheriff for the record) for less than 1 million per year! I would want to live like a pro athlete during my alive days!

7. Blackshack46

Soooooooooo what did he do?

austinmike Thanks this.
  8. Mikesee

Mikesee Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Must be the location and proximity to traffic in relation to where the traffic stop occurred.

9. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I don't know I only saw the absolutely idiotic deadly suicidal beginning of it all.....I and others directly behind it somehow figured how to slam brakes and get around it.....but no time to even look in the mirror to see anything behind because...well its Nashville HEAVY construction rush hour!!

I hope getting that one speeder out of 1000's of speeders is worth it man. He was on his or her bumper in 2 lanes of construction rush hour with tiny shoulders and barricades. He or she had no idea what to do....you could tell. By the time he got her pulled over in the left lane she could not even open her door which left passenger only and that was inches from left lane traffic!

I would not have wasted my time telling the story if it wasn't a true OMG moment. It was suicidal and destructive behavior.

Big Don and tinytim Thank this.
  10. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    It was so nuts to see that if I knew exactly where I was and what time it was I would report it to the proper authorities and maybe even the local news (if I had a cam!). If that is policy then some white shirt is playing with peoples lives.

11. Blackshack46

I guess he has to make it a point, you be dumb in construction, you will be pulled over. See around here, we have a construction zone and it's a 45 zone. But the cops don't touch it between midnight and like 5 am. Before 5 am it's too dangerous and tight.

I think they sit in the back and with their lights off waiting for really stupid people. Just in case ya know.

But after 5 am when traffic gets really f'n heavy, they are waiting in the construction for ####### drivers and will pull you over.

It's all about making your presence known in my opinion. And being a cop, you accept the risks and the dangers of the job everyday. But they have a job too do, and if they would have gotten hit, well he knows he's not going to jail. He might be 6 ft under, but his family got paid!

Just my opinion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.