Suicide by citizen!

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Mattflat362, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

But then, you keep blowing this up to be a big deal, and I just can't picture exactly how dangerous this was.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Sorry I can't help with imagination. :)

4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    What I'm getting is a cop pulled over a car on a narrow left lane shoulder where a car has no business being.

I did Triple A roadside for several years and the places people will decide to stop and wait for help was mind blowing.:eek:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Big Don Thanks this.
  5. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Yes and no...yes the car was where it had no business being......but not because they needed help....because they were pulled over by a maniac motorcycle officer and had no where else to pull over...at all.....period.

6. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I understand they dint need help. In that situation you keep going till there is a safe place to stop. People panic

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Yeah, just a bit slow at times. :)

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  8. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    That would be miles where I was at and the poor driver probably would have gotten a fleeing and eluding charge! Or shot if he or she was....well...ya know :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    austinmike Thanks this.
  9. tanker1045

tanker1045 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Buffalo, NY
    Well its Nashville TN that's all a driver normally has to say , that place is filled with #########...

10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Picture this, and it's somewhat hypothetical, but you can imagine the realism involved: Barricaded, narrowed lanes with the weave signs posted prior to them. Bunch of ######## doing 60 in a 40 with a cop that grabbed someone for the 'fines doubled' parked just askance of all this... Boooooo!

True, sir.
    If you get the reds and blues in the middle of nowhere - you don't have to stop until you get to town or at least a series of street lights (just throw on the 4-ways). There's no existing rule which says you have to a) pull over IMMEDIATELY when it's unsafe to do so or b) pull over in an area where you don't feel safe to do so (a desolate area, no witnesses; no lighting) - which implies it's okay to distrust the police - which I'm okay with, but you need to make clear you intend to stop at some point.

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Had car go a couple miles and didn't see my lights or here my siren they were jamming and never looked in the rear view. A couple miles they look and jerk to the right up a small embankment and yes down the long other side. Luckily the only injury was to their feelings and the car.

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.