Suicide by truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Shyannesierra, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Shyannesierra

Shyannesierra Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2020
    Our camper doesn't have hot water and our toilet doesn't work because I let a homeless family live in ut for three months last year. They filled the tank with wet wipes. So we have to drive up to the main building to go to the restroom. The other night, he didn't want to wake me up to go to the bathroom so he sat behind the wheel of our jeep and started the engine. He put the car in reverse but couldn't press the gas pedal. He got out and walked in the rain to the bathroom.
    He is just not ready. Not to mention, its been incredibly hard to get him help during a pandemic. The ER turned him away three times before his therapist finally made them understand how fragile he was. There is a lot more to the story but how much do I have to tell over and over? When he was 4 y/o his adopted parents blamed him for his little brother's death. He was scalded in hot water and they blamed him so they wouldn't get in trouble. Bobby grew up with that guilt and lived with it most of his life until I figured it out. Abusive, alcoholic, adopted parents blamed him. Even if it was a child's fault, you would never blame a 4 year old. Anyway. I only came here for help because I thought other truckers would understand. But they deleted my link so now I'm just wasting everyone's time. People are awful.

Bud A. and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Have you tried getting assistance from any of the local or state agencies?
    Churches and service clubs are also a source of help.
    If your husband's mental problems are a direct result of the suicide he might also be eligible for Worker's Comp.
    I'd explore the idea of a work related stress disability. As an indigent you're entitled to free legal help from the state.

4. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020
    Yes. Thank you for the ideas. His boss told him to file for workers comp and then got mad when he did. We were able to get food stamps and they helped me get the job with the state but that is all the help we could get. They suggested we sell our belongings and move in with family. We sold our furniture but family is not an option. I used the furniture money to pay July's rent and gas money. We are just trying to raise enough to keep our phones, electric, and gas money to keep looking for work in the meantime.

Bud A. and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

We don't allow GoFundMe or other money raising links because if we did the forum would be full of them.
    Since we don't have the time or the staff to verify the veracity of every request we'd rather not leave the door open to scammers and opportunists.
    If you want to contribute something to the OP, that's up to you.

Bud A., Shaggy76, Snailexpress and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020
    I was not aware. I am sorry.

7. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    I offered to help, still no pm with info.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ive seen it from that side. I wish @Ringo1 would share his story - it can be devastating.

For a job that pays what it does - the ‘worst case scenario’ is something few can fathom.

Isafarmboy, Bud A., wore out and 6 others Thank this.
  9. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020
    Once you start talking about it, it's crazy how much more common it is. The cop said it happens a few times a month. My own father had it happen to him when he was 15 y/o driving a carnival truck in San Luis Obisbo. My dad went to prison for two years when the family finally came forward with a suicide note. This was in 1948 but I never heard about it until this happened. People just don't talk about it.

And can you imagine what we would be going thru right now had it not been an obvious suicide? I wonder how many other lives have been ravaged like this.

Bud A., Coffey, TokyoJoe and 3 others Thank this.
  10. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    @Shyannesierra - you’d best address this.

LoSt_AgAiN and Badmon Thank this.
  11. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yeah, it’s common.

I think most of the drivers here that have a few years experience know someone personally that has been affected - by suicide, or simply wrong place wrong time.

And not having experienced it myself - I can’t offer much advice, having seen it destroy other good, safe drivers lives.

I wouldn’t expect your husband could get behind the wheel again to make a living - I wish you both the best.

Best of luck to you.

PS -

Just remember - all - when you offer advice on here about ‘going trailer trucking’ - one of us eventually draws the short straw.

NightWind, Bud A., Ringo1 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.