Superior

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Judge, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I've been looking at this company for a while now, been pulling dry bulk since mid 06 before that pulled a skateboard have all endorsements but no twic card would I need to get that also? Being this close to end of year may stay til after 1st with my current company since the up coming holidays everyone is closed. Closest terminal would be out of Memphis at just shy of 100 miles so when you do get to come in for hometime are you able to park truck at your home if it is in your sight or have to drive another 3 hours being 1 1/2 hours each way cutting into your time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I doubt they will let you take the truck home. It's against company policy. Hold off on the TWIC. They will pay for it

Judge Thanks this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    That's fine was just wondering thanks for answers could be worse could be a lot further

5. Bugjuicet3

Bugjuicet3 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Murphy, NC
    They didn't pay for my TWIC must be your terminal

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Did you have it already? I don't think anyone would have gotten one if they hadn't. Only a couple of places require them but one of those is Plaquemine where we run a lot of dedicated freight out of. Paid for mine and the renewal a few years ago.

7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    It would not bother me either way been very slow with my current company if I wasn't single I would be starving only good thing is percentage pay but haven't got over $1000 gross once this year. I have been here since 06, not so much as a log violation, used to be good place to work til owner died and his son took over.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. Bugjuicet3

Bugjuicet3 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Murphy, NC
    Mine had just expired when I hired on so I was told I had to get one which I did, was never told about reimbursement. Also had to get a passport. My first run out was a dedicated run to LA that required TWIC card

9. Khayes

Khayes Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    I just renewed mine. I wrote it up & attached my receipt to my expence report and recouped it the following week in my paycheck. $90.00 only good for another 2 years instead of three which would have cost $140.00.

10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I know chem tanks for face masks and such you have to be shaven, does this mean like razor shaved, or just clippers w/o guards as far as they'll go, and can you keep mustache?

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Superior will let you have a beard so long as you are willing to shave should a company require it. Mustache is OK regardless. Only happened to me once in 8 years.

Judge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.