Swift.......as a starting company.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by FlaSwampRat, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Most of the trucks I drive such as AJR Trucking, Alan Richie, Lily Transport, Hasa, anyway they all have dual cameras, do not bother me in the least. They tell you they are there.
    If you want to find out for sure have them pull your chip in front of you take that directly to there computer and see if it records or not....If they wont do this in front of you then it does both. They may not monitor all of them, but they very well may record to the chip, and rewrite over the old files as it goes.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    June 3rd OF WHAT YEAR?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    2019 not that it matters. I dont really care what SWIFT does, if your there and you like it thats all that matters, this ones just not for me, thats all....

5. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Okay, so here's the thing. At least one party is full of #### at this point, considering I've been in the employ of Swift since late January. My driver mentor had his lense taped, and nothing came of it. Hell, I have my lense taped and nothing's come of it. So forgive me for finding that a policy being mysteriously flipped upon for one person and for exactly one day less than 2 weeks ago doesn't exactly add up

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, at my last home time I put the truck in the shop.
    The tape over the lens was removed, and I have received a couple messages since to not cover the lens.
    The messages seemed to be broadcast, not to me personally, but...

Others, in some other terminals, have not seen those messages, so maybe it is something with my terminal.

But I do wonder...
    If the camera is disabled, why should they care if it is covered?
    When it was first disabled we were given permission, via QC messages, to cover it up if we wanted. Why the change now?

By the way, I have been at Swift for over 8 years.

ExOTR, FlaSwampRat, MGE Dawn and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Of anyone that has commented about the whole "is it or isn't it" a driver facing camera, I trust @Moosetek13. He's been with the company for years, predating and post dating my tenure with them.

I left before the cameras were installed. Then I heard the driver's facing camera was disabled, perhaps due to difficulty recruiting new drivers.

If Swift is still monitoring the driver cam, after stating it was disabled, that doesn't bode well for the company or the drivers.

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  8. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I can't even be surprised that this level of confusion is to be had. We ARE talking about the company that swapped trailer information on a pair of preplans, got me stuck at a shipper for 17 hours as a result, and then tried to not pay me detention over the whole fiasco... regardless, if they're monitoring that camera and telling us that they aren't, in the state I come from that's unlawful. All of us WA drivers would have the right to sue at that point

9. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    @Moosetek13 is officially 100% full of it. So odd to make up stuff like that.. What is the motivation?

10. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

what's in the reference you call bs the only thing I never heard of is them on QC telling people cover up everything else seems legit. I worked for swift and OTR I was never told remove the tape over the lens however when I became local there was an issue's and they were looking for someone who would altogether be unplugging the drive camera. They never found who did it I knew who it was but as far I was concerned was above my pay grade to care. That all said if he was doing stupid long enough he would mess up eventually.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

When Swift drivers stateted saying the driver-facing camera days were over many of them posted text from the company announcement. Something like "drivers are free to block the camera lens..."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.