Swift at it again

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cat sdp, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    In my modest tenure, fully 1 out of 2 of the trucks I have personally seen BLAZE belong to SWIFT. That math does not corroborate your statement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    Well going south on interstate 24 right before you hit georgia I've seen 2 big G express trucks flipped over does that make their company dangerous on the roads. I've never seen anybody else wrecked down through their.

Cledus Snow Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    See this,

20160104_164504.jpg

I parked next to this dude in Oregon. This is a perfect example of what we are talking about. How many of their trucks have damage like this? Half? That's a fair guess. That shows the attitude of the entire company, they attempt to drive around, and they constantly crash into stuff. It shows the attitude of the company. Walk through the truck stop your at. Count SWIFT trucks, count with damage, prove me wrong.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Do you work for Swift?

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Out of all the pictures of trucking accidents posted online, why is it when it's 2 trucks from the same company getting tangled together it's always Swift??? I have yet to see ANY pictures of any other company do this?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    I admit swift does put out alot of student that aren't road ready and they do get in alot of accidents. Not blaming the newbies at all but they do tend to hit stuff. I guess you do have a point.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    image.gif

9. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    lol

10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    I've begun to see the major issue, in reverse particularly, as being one of clutch control - Swift could have 6 feet to back, two feet on either side of the trailer to maneuver and BAM! (Emeril style) - they're doing it in high range with their foot on the gas... they seem to fail to recognize that you can clutch drive and that you don't need throttle for everything...... I also watched a young female Werner driver make too early of a cut today (WAY too early, like she was driving an AMC Pacer early) which caused her trailer to eat the side of a large coiled ream of aluminum... You can fix inattentive and inexperienced, but you can't fix stupid. And each day there seems less irony that 'Swift' is the moniker given to the retarded kid...

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.