SWIFT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by csmith1281, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    I knew a guy who went through their school and told him they would see what they could do. So yea, they will bs

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Sounds like a typical big company problem. Middle management gets thier own ideas of what's acceptable. Some times they need a reminder from upper management.

Green_20 and csmith1281 Thank this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Not swift anymore. It's Knight now. All bets are off.

csmith1281 and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. csmith1281

csmith1281 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    I've had the same thought. But who knows how long that will take? Swift has had 50 years to get its act in order. If this is how they are going to treat new drivers in their first three months, that to me shows that they have some deeply rooted, systemic problems that will take a lot of time and probably a lot of firings to overcome. It ain't going to happen soon enough for it to make a difference for me. I'll be gone before then.

Bumper Thanks this.
  6. csmith1281

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Also, go look at how much net income Knight made versus how much net income Swift made the last three years. If a company four times bigger than Knight can't make more money than them, they must have a problem.

drvrtech77 and Bumper Thank this.
  7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    That's interesting. I worked out of the Decatur terminal for four years and never once had a problem getting home when I requested to be home. I only came home every couple of months and I always gave at least two weeks notice. I also always reminded my DM a few days before. They always got me home on time.

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  8. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    Could be because they're so large anyway. Something that size I imagine would be hard to maintain. It's like one of the many monopolies on the trucking industry.

Offroad1978 and csmith1281 Thank this.
  9. csmith1281

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Hah...would be nice. I had a Home call in the system, and they changed it so they could dispatch me on the load that got me home late. I called and sent messages every day, but when the time came for me to go home, they wanted to blame lack of communication on me as the reason why I wasn't getting home.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Actually you can. MAC 10 goes directly to the planners ... instead of whinning that nobody is taking care of you, learn how things work and take care of yourself.

A21CAV and ladr Thank this.
  11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    My question.... Why do so many military go to #### companies? They only give a #### about your ####ing G.I. Bill. After that, this oh how it goes: Military pays, you get hosed, you're ####ed, good day. Trust me. Most of you can do so much better. Promises, promises, promises and you hardly see any of them. Sad but also fact.

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.