Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Wow I didnt know. Learn something new everyday

2. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    10 years? I still see a Swift truck pulling an old MS Carriers trailer every now and then.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    They filter back from Mexico in dribs and drabs. Also, there is no telling how many old trailers Swift has quietly rusting away in Walmart yards, just sitting there full of pallets.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I know I'll get by without them.

5. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    What was the number of MS Carriers drivers who quit the day Moyes bought them out? Like 1100? That was sad, seeing a good outfit like MS go down. I, too, sometimes see their wagons out there. Some are still in great shape, which is odd, considering Swift is more of a 'training / exploit-the-new-drivers' outfit. Like Schneider's bulk tankwagons...dents and torn up sheetmetal all over them.

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Being a mega comes with consquences. Some of those result in said mega becoming a punchline.

At lest something good is coming from all those "incidents". Providing humor for a lot of people!

An hey...their infamous now.

If this was me I would have put on Low Rider while I waited..
    [​IMG]

Don't take it so personal. Everyone got so offended by people making fun of their companies, places like Walmart wouldn't have employees. (Not referring to the fleet..no lynch mobs please). Nor would the government, professional sports, fast food, etc etc etc.

[​IMG]

All in good fun.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Oh, we got a tough guy..on the internet. I'm shaking in my text boots. - The internet.

ogtrucker47 Thanks this.
  7. what2do

what2do Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    "Eliminate unsafe acts through corrective action"
    This is hilarious.

8. what2do

what2do Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    That's because Swift likes to keep the old junky trailers as long as they can.

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That’s because the megas’ idea of “driver retention” is to just rope in everyone they can off the street, even if they aren’t cut out for OTR. Train them as shabbily as possible, when the quit or get fired just replace them with another living piece of meat. They could care less about the driver regardless of what their recruiters or paid cheerleaders say.

10. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    As a guy with a year-and-a-half experience who got into Landstar and gets paid a salary, I can tell you that it certainly seems to me like safety records in bureaucracy has replaced whatever old school idea of paying your dues there used to be.

Granted, I couldn't get into Landstar until I had exactly 12 months solo experience, but if that's paying your dues then I would imagine your first year anywhere is a learning year the rookie year.

Definitely work smarter not harder, I get paid a salary and half my job is picking loads that will maximize the amount of money I earn for the company when I'm actually in the truck. That way when I go home I can chill out...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.