Swifts Risk Analysis point system.....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by longhairdontcare, Dec 25, 2018.

1. longhairdontcare

longhairdontcare Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Yes, that is something to ponder.....

Hoping it's just a glitch, but there seems to be a pattern. September 22, October 21 and November 22.

I'm sure I got one for December, but hasn't updated yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    When I was with Swift I got hit with a road report that I ran someone off the road in Indiana. My logs proved I was in Washington state that day but Swift head of Risk Assessment points down in Phoenix refused to use the evidence to exonerate me. She said I probably did something else that wasn't seen so all's fair.

x1Heavy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    That's ########, I'd start looking for a new job if that was me

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol wow i think swift drivers need to come up with a points system for all the lazzy ### office workers... Charge 1 point every time dont answer the phone and 1 pointfor not answering a qualcomm message.... 1 point for every minute we get put on hold lol turn the tables on these ppl... I feel like alot of swift policys is there to make up a reason to fire drivers , rather than for "safety" or whatever their claim is

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I can't believe they'd do that. It's standard procedure, if the motorist call-in "facts" don't match with the historical Qualcomm positioning and logging facts, the claim gets trashed, immediately. Motorists often get the trailer number wrong. This is why it's EXTREMELY important to verify and triple check your trailer number entries when doing macros. Don't put it past drivers [who know they have or might have aggressive driving problems] to input the wrong trailer number in an effort to add additional insurance against call-ins and throw safety off the trail.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You just nailed it. I still can't believe drivers have not come to see more of this. I would say 999 of every 1000 vehicles you encounter on the road has a camera. From gopros to smartphone camera's. This footage is easy to upload. This dynamic is at play just about everywhere you as a trucker go. This is why I said what I did in the alcohol thread. You are more likely to get into trouble by another driver. Sounds stupid I know, but drivers are not seeing this. Maybe one day they will. The average safety dept gets calls and videos all the time. THAT is why Swift has this system.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So everyone is panicking over a couple random events now?
    Please!

I am not worried about my safety score because it speaks for itself. If some random events get thrown in, I really do not care because my DM will take care of it.

Our system is undergoing a change right now. There may be some glitches to overcome.
    Get a grip, people.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And all the systems in the world don't work worth a #### when Swift Phoenix Manager does nothing with the Washington state evidence. He or She IS the problem.

Again I never operated under such a BS system. And probably would never tolerate it, I'll take my hits as they come which is not that often.

D.Tibbitt and scottied67 Thank this.
  10. longhairdontcare

longhairdontcare Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    I just spoke to a fellow swift driver and he said the same thing happened with him. Negative road reports magically appeared.

11. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Remember, everyone’s score automatically starts over on January 1st so this is much ado about nothing. Wait for the new system to be live early next year before you stress.

My opinion is that this system will be easier since events only last 90 days and not a full year. All trucking companies are in full driver retention mode right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.