Switching to tanker question

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by fuel463, Jun 8, 2019.

1. fuel463

fuel463 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2019
    I have two years experience. I have been driving nothing to drive Vans for the last 2 years. I am wanting to switch over to tanker. I have heard that Schneider has some of the best tanker training in the industry. My question is is how many times a week do you guys load and unload, and how long did it take for you to catch on before you really got good at it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    I just recently switched over to tanker from van hired on with Highway Transport did orientation for a week in Knoxville went out with a trainer for a week in Florence, Kentucky been on my own for a year now most loads I’ve done are customer unload occasionally I hook up a couple hoses or run a airline or climb the ladder to open the dome lid~one thing I can say about it is take your time don’t ever feel rushed 1st few months was ruff getting used to the surge after awhile you’ll figure it out~IMO the thinner the liquid the more surge you’ll have but overall I’m glad I switched

fuel463 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Two years experience; you're golden for tanker outfits.
    Look at this one that requires 2 yrs. experience. "No Rookies." I think their tanker training is in Florida.
    Click here > Indian River Transport Company
    Trucks:
    • Indian River Transport runs a late model tractor fleet consisting of 600 Peterbilt tractors.
    • All trucks are furnished with refrigerators and premier interior packages, over 70-inch sleepers.
    • All tractors are assigned and are less than 36 months old.

gillz107 and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Indian River Transport truck.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    This particular tractor is part of the pump division which is why it has no fairings. The sleeper berth is slightly smaller, too. I've not seen any of these tractors on the west coast.
    And all the pump division tractors are equipped with that dangerous automatic braking radar crap.

Indian River Transport hq is in Winterhaven, Florida which is southwest of Orlando. Bring the kids because Legoland is in Winterhaven. And bottled water, too. Florida water tastes like it came from the swamp.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  7. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Plenty of better tanker yanker jobs out there than Schneider. If you live in the southeast, good tanker jobs are in abundance.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    fuel463 Thanks this.
  9. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    60 cpm multiplied by 12,000 miles per month equals $7,200.

$7,200 X 12 months equals $86,400.

Promises, promises. Why do I believe?

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Heed these folks advice and use your two years to get on with a better company. I have friends that have slowly been exiting from SNBC over the last two years, and from what I’ve heard from them, and read on here, SNBC is a complete mess. It’s just not worth the aggravation for the amount of money they pay.

Find a company near your home as most tanker companies are out loaded and back home MT. I’ve never once picked up a backhaul while pulling a tank although they do occur sometimes. It’s just a whole ‘nother world. Very few aggravating miserable customers and virtually zero downtime. Just do a job and get home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.