Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. shadowlurker

shadowlurker Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I'm really debating between System or Melton. Trying to weigh the pros and cons. I'm in Auburn, WA north of Tacoma so I live a ways from Melton's base. I like the sound of System's pole division. I'm not sure if the $80K/yr earning potential is reasonable or not though. Looks like melton treats employees well- perhaps better than System. Anyone have any thoughts one way or another? I'm leaning towards doing Melton for a year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shadowlurker

shadowlurker Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Enoying the discussions on this thread!

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    You'll have more opportunities too do different things at system vs. Melton. I've always heard good things about the pole fleet.

6. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Seems like guys who are dissatisfied with the NW regional fleet defect to the pole fleet and end up happy. I've thought about it a time or two, myself.

What's always stopped me is the fact that those guys haul tarped freight more than they actually haul poles.

I imagine they'd have you park at the Interstate yard in Tacoma for home time...though I can't recall ever seeing a pole hauler parked there.

As to pay... I have heard in the past that pole fleet pays higher than other fleets. I don't know the truth of it anymore, though.

I think @Jubal3 ran poles for a bit and might be able to give you all the inside dirt.

7. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    That's true, rarely do I see a pole truck with a load of poles. Starting to wondering about home time policy. I have been jacked around on mine. Getting cut short 2 days and just hard to get home.

8. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Run with Melton, if youre not happy with them switch over to System after a year.

9. Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I plan on working for Systems TWT reefer. What can I expect to earn as a brand new driver my first year, then my second year? I'll probably be working the I-5

10. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    Not sure all the guys on this post run with System not TWT so we wouldn't know much about the pay with them

Ultra Magnus Thanks this.
  11. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    You can expect to be Too weak to Tarp and be the butt of the real truckers jokes.

12. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Says the guy that hasn't tarped anything in months. Ooohhhhh but I forgot you're not a real driver unless you haul cows.

13. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Flatbedders and bullhaulers are cool. Bullhaulers are cooler obviously...

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs