Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I dont think pole fleet trucks are auto but it could always change. Theyre phasing out manuals as we speak.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ToppDogg

ToppDogg Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2016
    PNW
    The Pole Fleet supervisor is suppose to be calling me, Tabatha is doing my background check now, 1 year or 2 and I hope to be doing heavy haul in my own rig, and that will have an 18 speed.

4. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    That's actually a benefit. The pole fleet is the same as the 200 fleet except with more miles because of a better dispatcher and you get 15% more pay to the same job as the 200 guys. Granted you got a ####ty paccar motor and a 60" sleeper.

That's how it was when i was there anyways.

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I'm home every weekend and a day or two during the week. I stay close to home

6. revin57

revin57 Light Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    If u plan on heavy haul thru systems do your research. I understand it feast and famine.

7. DavidKR

DavidKR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Lone Tree, CO
    sorry to be that guy and bump an old thread. I thumbed through it but I'm having a hell of a time finding what I'm looking for in almost 700 posts...

I'm new here and a new CDL A holder looking for my first driving position. System was recommended to me, I got in contact with them and they actually have a CO regional route that I'm being considered for. their next orientation doesn't start until June 5th so I've got some time. they've already told me what to expect for pay - $1500 sign on bonus paid out over 6 months, $375 for the week of orientation, $50 per day with a trainer for up to 5 weeks and then 44 cents per mile once I'm on my own. the cents per mile seems decent. but when I asked about miles and home time, she said she wasn't sure what the regional routes are doing for miles, and said I had to be okay with being out for up to two weeks at a time, but that wasn't common.

so of course here are the questions. can any System drivers that specifically did their regional routes speak as to what kind of mileage you were seeing per week, and what the home time looked like?

thanks in advance!

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    If you run out of Denver, get ready for running I-70 everyday. Lots of drywall. Every once in awhile I'd see one of their guys down in LA or Oklahoma.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  9. DavidKR

DavidKR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Lone Tree, CO
    yeah, that's about what I'm expecting unfortunately. but I'll be happy if I get to do some runs on 285 and 50 and 550.

10. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Focusing on mileage with a regional gig is a dead end street. You're never going to get high mileage.

I have what is probably one of the highest mileage regional routes possible and I'm only averaging around 2100 miles per week.

Instead, a good chunk of your pay is going to be things like stop pay, tarp pay, low miles pay, live load pay, etc...

That stuff is going to depend on what kind of loads that fleet runs, how the dispatchers hand out the loads and how smart you work.

Then there's training. Trainers make a lot more money than non trainers.

ramblingman Thanks this.
  11. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Regional-expect to sit a lot and don't get paid a dime for it.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.